Fleetnet NACs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

I have been using Knack and have seen NACs of 2D5 and 2D2 on the system. They dont appear to be needed to decode the traffic, has anyone any ideas on what they are?

Slightly off topic but relevent If any one has the settings for Trunk88 for fleetnet they would be apreciated,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've always been told that NAC's aren't used in trunking however I've got another theory.

The NAC is made up of the last two digits of the system ID plus the analog Connect Tone number.

2D2 would be the last two digits of 782D, 2D, plus a Connect Tone of 2.

Since Connect Tones don't work in digital, I'm assuming that the NAC is what they use to duplicate the function.

As far as monitoring goes, it doesn't have any bearing on us. Same as the analog Connect Tone.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Slightly more in tune with commercial radios, but if you have a Motorola digital radio that doesn't do trunking...

If you program all the repeaters as conventional channels using Digital normal squelch with that NAC, you'll see the radio ID of the radio transmitting.

This works great for 9600 systems you can't track with a commercial radio as you can't passivly monitor.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have been using Knack and have seen NACs of 2D5 and 2D2 on the system. They dont appear to be needed to decode the traffic, has anyone any ideas on what they are?

Slightly off topic but relevent If any one has the settings for Trunk88 for fleetnet they would be apreciated,

If someone here doesnt give you the settings PM'me and I will have a look.
Work is in Toronto, & home is Burlington.

gary123

I have looked more closly at the nacs. 2D5 appears on twr33 and 2D2 on twr04 and a few others. I wonder if there are other nacs for other twrs I cant pickup. Im thinking they might be for different zones Ie Zone 5 and Zone 6.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I wouldn't really worry about the NAC's. Like I said, they have no effect on your ability to listen to the system.

Twr 33 uses an analog connect tone of 5 and tower 4 uses an analog connect tone of 2.

Zone 5 and 6 don't use NAC's since they don't exist. Fleetnet only has 4 zones.

For Zone 2, 822f, the first two letters of the NAC will be 2F. The last digit will change depending on what analog connect tone the tower uses.

gary123

I wouldn't really worry about the NAC's. Like I said, they have no effect on your ability to listen to the system.

Twr 33 uses an analog connect tone of 5 and tower 4 uses an analog connect tone of 2.

Zone 5 and 6 don't use NAC's since they don't exist. Fleetnet only has 4 zones.

For Zone 2, 822f, the first two letters of the NAC will be 2F. The last digit will change depending on what analog connect tone the tower uses.

Thank you for clearing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.