Fleetnet ON - best site(s) for YYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

My trip to NF is a go, so I'm heading out next week from Calgary. I stop twice, in Toronto and Halifax, and my Toronto stop is going to be a couple of hours each time. Which site(s) would be best to pick up Fleetnet from inside the airport terminal with? I don't anticipate going outside the terminal, let alone beyond airport property, so I don't imagine multiple sites will be worth my effort. Is Mississauga the best choice? I've been out of the Toronto area for so long that I forget the names of the communities/regions around YYZ (at least those which would correspond to the towers listed in the Fleetnet entry in the RRDB ;)).

Thanks in advance!

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, you're physically closest to the Mississauga site (Site 9), but the Toronto site (Site 40) should also come in pretty good.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Also there are a bunch of Pearson only trunked systems with low power you could work on ID'ing. The Air Canada system seams to be team based with teams/TG's assigned to various flights. CASTSA uses M/A Comm LP-200's on likely a 900mhz EDACS systems. with the rest of the "official's" at the airport on Peel regions Motorola trunked system.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Indeed - besides the voice monitoring I intend to do, I will have Unitrunker present to do at least a few minutes' worth of data gathering on each of any control channels I can 'hear'. I just want to be careful that I don't raise suspicions or look like some kind of mobile intel post sitting in the food court of T3. :)

Thanks guys, you will hear from me again on this, I'm sure.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure which system CATSA is on right now, but I can tell you 100% for sure that they have at least some XTS5000's there. They are flashed for Digital, with encryption...although I've never heard digital or encryption on the peel system.

Status
Not open for further replies.