? - Fleetnet - OPP ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJ

I've noticed on a couple occasions that some officers change their id's. I would have one tagged (unitrunker) as 3Kilo 203 and then another time the same radio, the officer would be 3 Kilo 623. I am assuming this is what is referred to as a 'soft ID', but why does this change, anyone know?

SCPD

QRT
This could be ...

Mobile radios swapped due to maintenance (eg. same car but different radio).

Portable radios taken from a pool - like borrowing a book from the library.

The radio ID will often - but not necessarily - identify the user on a consistent day to day basis.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The Hard ID is coded into the radio and does not change.

The Soft ID changes depending on which zone the officer is assigned to.

Since the cars can be assigned to any officer or zone, the soft id generally changes when the shift changes.

Nothing to do with pooled portable radios or maintenance.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I generally do not label cars with a callsign in Trunk88. I do however, label the car as belonging to a particular detachment. This DOES change, but not often enough to be a bother. So a radio of 1234 might be labeled "Whitby OPP" or "Dufferin OPP". Sometimes you hear the car's number so you can use that, IE "Whitby 5-064".

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ditto.... I tag my radios as '6J Middlesex Unit' or '6P Elgin Unit' etc etc. K9 units and such typically don't change so I have them tagged as such. Ambulances on the other hand pretty much all stay the same, so feel free to label ID's as 'Ambulance 1234' or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.