Fleetnet Quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilt404

Fleetnet Quiet in Windsor or Essex?

Sorry to post this, I know it happens from time to time. Just wondering if anyone in the Windsor/Essex area is hearing anything on Fleetnet for OPP or EMS? Searching Windsor and Essex sites, but nothing heard, but I am hearing OPP on their BEAT2 UHF rebroadcast.

I should be hearing the same on Fleetnet but haven't for quite a while. Its been quiet for over an hour.

Last edited:

mmisk

The first thing i would suggest is to check your display and confirm that your scanner is tracking the correct control channel for the site you would like to monitor.

tilt404

The first thing i would suggest is to check your display and confirm that your scanner is tracking the correct control channel for the site you would like to monitor.

Nothing has changed since I was hearing it then wasn't since it was on. Just hooked it back to the butel software and sending the data to it again and will see if it makes a difference. The uniden BCD396XT I use has done this before. It does show on the display the CC for the site I am monitoring but still never stops on anything.

Just sent the info to the scanner again and its not picking up OPP I hear on the conventional UHF BEAT frequency. So not sure what's up here in Windsor. I put the CC for the Windsor site into my other scanner and hear the noise of a CC, but the scanner isn't picking up anything. I will try deleting the system/site and start over and see if that helps. In case the scanner got corrupted or something.

Last edited:

woody_46

There is something strange going on. My 898T that is setup for analog fleetnet has been flashing the TG 6720 for over an hour. So far over 730 hits. I just locked it out but all still seems quiet.

tilt404

Thanks Woody,

I just re-programmed the site/system from scratch again and uploading it now so will see if that helps but something still seems odd since I was hearing OPP and EMS fine hours ago then its been silent since and didn't touch the scanner at all.

Update, still nothing on fleetnet for OPP, hearing it on the BEAT2 412.8875 pl 107.2 just fine but it should be on fleetnet also for the windsor site I just put in again but its silent. : (

tilt404

Quiet here too... nothing.

Ok, good to know at least. I will just try to be patient. Just glad its not only on my end. Scanner is picking up other non-fleetnet sites/systems like Windsor and Detroit I'm scanning, but just not the Fleetnet for Essex and Windsor sites.

tilt404

Just heard a MOH for a bit but still no OPP hearing only on their conventional frequency.

tilt404

Hearing them say the patch line is still down and told the driver to use their cell phone. Picking up both sides now on 150.1000 just had to put on a better antenna. Also hearing some of the vehicle repeaters now with the Comet SMA24 antenna on the scanner which has more gain to it.

Also noticing when the units talk back to dispatch on 150.1000 they are using a pl tone of 118.8 but dispatch isn't.

Last edited:

woody_46

Just checked back in.. Essex tower has been up for a while.

TIME DATE FREQ/TGID MODULATION SYSTEM DEPARTMENT CHANNEL
4:38:27 PM 08/25/2014 41 NFM Simulcast Windsor Fire & Rescue Service Tac 2
4:39:02 PM 08/25/2014 35072 NFM Essex 17ESSX MOH Windsor CACC Essex
4:39:16 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:39:22 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:39:30 PM 08/25/2014 35072 NFM Essex 17ESSX MOH Windsor CACC Essex
4:40:40 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:40:44 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:40:47 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:00 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:09 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:12 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:18 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:39 PM 08/25/2014 8272 NFM Essex 17ESSX OPP West Region Essex County 6E - 1OPS05
4:41:57 PM 08/25/2014 35072 NFM Essex 17ESSX MOH Windsor CACC Essex
4:42:00 PM 08/25/2014 35072 NFM Essex 17ESSX MOH Windsor CACC Essex
4:42:04 PM 08/25/2014 35072 NFM Essex 17ESSX MOH Windsor CACC Essex
*********************************************************************************************************************

BTW just heard the MOH dispatcher saying there are comm issues. Windsor tower still quiet.

tilt404

Yup, hearing OPP and MOH slowly coming back now. Was hearing MOH Essex now Windsor though. Still hearing MOH on 150.1000. Hope it slowly gets back to normal.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Do you have all the MNR & MTO talkgroups in your scanner? In the summer and on holidays the comm centres sometimes have "weird" patches of talkgroups to compensate for people on holidays, short staff, etc.

In 2004 I once heard a patch of the S.Bruce, Bruce Pen and North Grey detachments with Haldimand OPP.

The voice comms you heard, did they mention anything about radio or tower issues. Two weekends ago the London dispatch went into failure, phones were dead and the dispatchers had to patch Norfolk, Oxford along with the normal Brant/Haldimand-6 Nations patch.

And a few weeks ago I heard Lambton calls cause that TG was patched with either a MTO Enforcement or MNR wide talkgroup. Thats why I make sure that I enter in all the MTO Enf and MNR tg'S within reason.

Finally, Unitrunker (ugg) or Trunk 88 (YAY!) show exactly the patches, the radio id's, any problems with towers, etc.

tilt404

I do have in everything for the fleetnet system, except for things north of toronto, or hospitals north of wallaceburg. For fleetnet my scanner is always in search mode also, not scan so it will find things when they go a bit odd. I miss my GRE PSR800 though since it would show 'patch' on the screen when it would happen. I have a Uniden BCD-396XT now and there's less info on the screen. I still see MNR and MTO often. Again yesterday it was MTO Kitchener that was coming in through probably a patch.

I had the scanner on EMS I think but not OPP when I noticed after a hour or more it was silent, so never really heard anyone saying it was going down, but could of missed it due to other systems I was listening to. On the conventional MOH PROV Common 150.100 though where they went to for MOH they often mentioned the radio issues.

I remember the Lambton calls also. I think Mike O on here explained to me a few weeks ago how when they have problems in one area or are even short of staff for an area at the call centre, they will have someone from another location fill in. Or in the past how if someone in my city is listening to a TGID north of here on their radio, it will go out on air here, which I would never pick up usually. I've heard even communications from Hamilton here in Windsor that way.

I use to use unitrunker or trunk88 but haven't since I got the Uniden recently. I do keep it in search all the time though so when something out of the blue happens, I usually hear it.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I do have in everything for the fleetnet system, except for things north of toronto, or hospitals north of wallaceburg. For fleetnet my scanner is always in search mode also, not scan so it will find things when they go a bit odd. I miss my GRE PSR800 though since it would show 'patch' on the screen when it would happen. I have a Uniden BCD-396XT now and there's less info on the screen. I still see MNR and MTO often. Again yesterday it was MTO Kitchener that was coming in through probably a patch.

I had the scanner on EMS I think but not OPP when I noticed after a hour or more it was silent, so never really heard anyone saying it was going down, but could of missed it due to other systems I was listening to. On the conventional MOH PROV Common 150.100 though where they went to for MOH they often mentioned the radio issues.

I remember the Lambton calls also. I think Mike O on here explained to me a few weeks ago how when they have problems in one area or are even short of staff for an area at the call centre, they will have someone from another location fill in. Or in the past how if someone in my city is listening to a TGID north of here on their radio, it will go out on air here, which I would never pick up usually. I've heard even communications from Hamilton here in Windsor that way.

I use to use unitrunker or trunk88 but haven't since I got the Uniden recently. I do keep it in search all the time though so when something out of the blue happens, I usually hear it.

Thats interesting, I can't really help, I have never had the chance to listen to Essex units. Do the OPP patrol Hwy 3 or the 401, EC Row?

What time of the day did the comms go quiet? How many calls did you hear on the repeaters?

I am guessing that Windsor has about 200,000-400,000 people? Halton has more than that, closer to the 600,000-700,000 people. There are always calls for EMS units at all hours of the day although it slows down after midnight late at night.

I also imagine that the OPP & MTO are constantly busy on provincial roads in the city and county, esp since the bridge is an extremely busy entry point.

Normally if a tower goes down, you'll know about it.

I'm never going to endorse Unitrunker, it has it's value cause it will do P25 and EDACS, nothing beats Trunk 88 for Fleetnet.

tilt404

I'm not too familiar with the county but anything outside windsor other than Lasalle and Amhurstburg who both have their own police I believe. I hear them for Essex, Lakeshore, Tecumseh, Kingsville, Leamington, Colchester, Harrow.. ect. Also the 401 in this area since I believe the 401 is on the windsor city limit or near by.

I think it went quiet an hour or two before I made this post. Since it wasn't until after an hour or so I heard silence and EMS is never silent for long here. The OPP BEAT2 rebroadcast here has two conventional frequencies, Beat2 in tecumseh and Beat1 in Leamington. Even when something is patched on fleetnet it still seems to come in on the beat conventional frequencies here which are found on this page:

Essex County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I was glad I remembered the MOH frequency also for when they go down. I was surprised that they still had trouble talking to the ambulances though. I could tell when one ambulance was closer to me since it would come in stronger on 150.1000 and the ambulances were using a 118.8pl tone, but not dispatch. They were using their cell phones to do hospital patches.

We have around 200,000 people here in Windsor but the ambulances service essex county here which has more people on top of that spread around the county. We have our own PD in windsor so the OPP is mostly serving the rest of the county. Still been seeing the Kitchener MTO TGID with the audio from Essex OPP today again.

I just had to use unitrunker in the past since our main PD/Fire system here in Windsor is P25. For fleetnet I remember using Trunk88 but its been a year or more. I also have a uniden BC125at but I don't know if that would work hooked to trunk88 since its not a trunking scanner. I will do some research back in older posts, since I would like to keep my other uniden scanner free so I don't miss the local P25 stuff.

newtecradio

The other day a whole bunch of OPP Bell Towers went out in Southern Ontario and South Western Ontario Including Primrose but not the Edgar Tower not sure of the others now, but the OPP Orillia Dispatchers were telling officers if they were having problems broadcasting to use Channel Sim 1 408.91250 or Sim 2 406.13750 not sure which one it was to the units in Nottawasaga and Dufferin Detachments. Hope this helps somewhat.

tilt404

I noticed that also. Even today power went out in parts of the county here:

Power outage leaves large parts of Essex County in the dark | Windsor Star

Not sure if that had any effect since I wasn't listening today but was to EMS a bit and they were having a terrible time with transmission again. I guess since they are in the RF mess of the city but the OPP are more out in the clear RF zone of the county.

Yesterday I noticed a lot of out of town TGID's coming up for local OPP dispatch so thought something might be up again. Hope the problems won't lead to switching to some other type of system since I enjoy listening to it so much.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Tonight MTO Windsor TG 3824 is patched with a London dispatched TG, not sure which. I am on my balcony, and I have enough trouble monitoring Woodlawn (the tower I am hearing it on).

FWIW it's Wellington OPP that's patched with Windsor MTO 3824.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.