Fleetnet Tower Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastEddie

Hello there. I monitor the South Weastern Bell Fleetnet, OPP, MOH etc, in the Hamilton area, but I do not know where the towers are located and what / how to set them up for my location. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

jellotor

How to set them up? I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you monitor Fleetnet, you've already set them up. Enter the frequencies for a given Fleetnet site into a bank (or system) on your scanner, making sure to set the system type to Motorola Type 2 VHF and entering the correct base/step/offset numbers as well. Be within range of the site and start your scan.

As for the locations of the sites...do a search in the forums for Andy's maps for Zones 1 and 2. They get posted and reposted every 2-3 months. If you want specific locations (such as the location on Charlton Ave for the Hamilton site) you'll probably need to ask around on scanont or here.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
What kind of scanner do you have?

Are you asking which talkgroups should be entered with which towers?

To actually see where each tower is go to the data base for the provincial system Zone 1 and click on the tower.

There you will be directed to google maps and it will show the exact location of each tower

Here is the URL for Charlton St's Hamilton tower:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=7118

VE3RADIO

For Hamilton, the tower is located on top of 150 Charlton Ave East (John and Charlton area). 150 Charlton is the second tallest building in Hamilton, and is the Olympia Condo...i used to live on the 27th floor in that condo...and the reception is killer :)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
150 Charlton is the second tallest building in Hamilton

This might be a little confusing to somebody not familiar with Hamilton and would expect the signal to travel a far distance since it's on the second tallest building in Hamilton.

The Charlton site was chosen as it provides good coverage in the areas below the escarpment including Stoney Creek and Dundas.

However, areas to the west tend to utilize the Brantford tower since the Charlton site actually sits below the top of the escarpment.

So, if you are west of Hamilton, you'll have a tough time hearing the Charlton site even though it's on the 2nd tallest building in Hamilton because of the escarpment.

If you are east of Hamilton (anywhere along the lake), then you should be able to hear the Charlton site.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

Hello there. I monitor the South Weastern Bell Fleetnet, OPP, MOH etc, in the Hamilton area, but I do not know where the towers are located
On the Zone 1 page (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=861), at the bottom there is a System map link.

Speaking of Fleetnet maps, I'm still looking for aliases for these sites:

20 Windsor
32 Simcoe

There must be someone with a discriminator tap and a sound card near those sites...

Also, are the 2-Guelph and 28-Glammis sites are still not broadcasting aliases?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I can't hear Simcoe since Primrose is stronger here in Kitchener. I can check the Guelph City site for you though and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.