Fleetnet Whitby Tower on the Fritz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Dunno whats going on, but something is messed up, was getting whitby fleetnet all day long in the car no problem, good signal too now since my recent purchase of a nice maldol antenna, but anyways, all of a sudden i lost the tower with my 250d, like it would just scan the bank without locking on anything, would no longer pick up the tower, cycled the power off and on to reset everything and when it came on it would every second or two lock onto the tower then fall off right away again. Keeps flashing the t/g id 748592. So anyways, i assumed something must be messed up with the 250d, like maybe i hit a button or something, so when i got home i turned on my base unit (796D) and what do you know, i am getting IDENTICAL behavior, tower doesnt come in and that t/g id keeps popping on and off....here and there i lock onto whitby, downsview and caledon units, but other then sporadic transmission i dont really get anyhting....any ideas?

EDIT: All day, both from the base and the handheld i was getting 6 out of 7 and 7 out of 7 bars, now, when i get those sporatic tx's its only 1 or 2 bars out of 7

mciupa

All six digit talkgroups that begin with 7 are private calls.

MetalCarnage

mciupa said:
All six digit talkgroups that begin with 7 are private calls.

well either way, thats all i am getting is quick glitches of that talkgroup and thats all....still not locking onto the tower with either scanner, and both have different antenna's

MetalCarnage

Well, whatever the problem was last night seems to be fixed this morning, both scanners are locking onto the tower full strength again.

jellotor

I've often discovered dummy I-Call IDs are a result of poor reception of the control channel. While this doesn't address your reception issue, it is a symptom to keep in mind.

MetalCarnage

jellotor said:
I've often discovered dummy I-Call IDs are a result of poor reception of the control channel. While this doesn't address your reception issue, it is a symptom to keep in mind.

Ya, reception should have not been an issue, i am only 6 km's from the tower, and like i said, it wasnt gradual, it was full strength reception then all of a sudden nothing at all, stayed that way for a good 5 hours until i went to sleep, when i woke up, it was back to normal. So even keeping that in mind about the dummy I-calls due to poor reception, something had to have been causing that poor interception, and it wasnt obviously a prob on my end since i was using two different setups....has me a little baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.