Fleetnet zone 1 talkgroups question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
So, over the last week or so, I’ve noticed that my Uniden Homepatrol 1 hasn’t been picking up the OPP. Decided I’d turn ID search on, and now I’m getting lots of OPP traffic.
Strange thing is, none of the traffic I’m getting is on the proper talkgroups. For instance, I’m hearing J203 on 8339, but that TG isn’t in the database . I have all the systems programmed properly. It almost seems like the TG numbers have shifted on the radio.

Makes no sense. Any thoughts?

jkraemer

Premium Subscriber
It's the nature of OPP dispatch controllers to pick the TG randomly at the beginning of their shift. To a controller, a TG is just a container the pre-defined TG designation means nothing to them. You find a TG will change at shift start, before and after a break / lunch. They cherrypick a container, drag their patrol units into it and get to work. Some of the TGs can be OPP or MTE.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
It's the nature of OPP dispatch controllers to pick the TG randomly at the beginning of their shift. To a controller, a TG is just a container the pre-defined TG designation means nothing to them. You find a TG will change at shift start, before and after a break / lunch. They cherrypick a container, drag their patrol units into it and get to work. Some of the TGs can be OPP or MTE.

I can understand that, but what I can’t figure out is the TG’s that are popping up aren’t even in the DB at all

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

jasoyeom

Just curious if anyone is not ignoring the status bit. If you are doing any extra talk group id programming.

I know that on my BCD396XT in search mode it will show the talkgroup ID's for patched talkgroups (ignoring the status bit). Probably can't do much with using the status bit.

gary123

You would have to program the TG + Status Bit value as a unique TG. Once done, you could then rename the TG to refelect the source TG and the Status state used for the Bit chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.