Premium Subscriber
Hello All
OPP Essex County Windsor Ontario Area has went silent. Anybody hearing anything
Or does anybody what's going on?
Thanks
TD

TD

Premium Subscriber
Well I haven't heard anything since Wednesday. I will monitor again tonight to see if I hear anything. I still pickup the following towers 14 16 17 20
Thanks Again
TD

woody_46

I'm only monitoring the Windsor tower/system but also hearing some transmissions here: TG ID : 3776 MTO KITCH OP Kitchener Operations.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you scanning more than the Essex talkgroup? There have been a lot of unusual patches in place lately... Earlier this week Essex was patched with Lambton (1OPS08)... so if you had your radio parked on Essex you may not be hearing anything. When I looked this morning Middlesex, Elgin and MTO 1London OPS were all patched. Yesterday there were a lot of Oxford units on the Middlesex talkgroup... but there didn't seem to be a patch in place. Various MNR talkgroups have been patched in thru the week as well.

TD

Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning more than the Essex talkgroup? There have been a lot of unusual patches in place lately... Earlier this week Essex was patched with Lambton (1OPS08)... so if you had your radio parked on Essex you may not be hearing anything. When I looked this morning Middlesex, Elgin and MTO 1London OPS were all patched. Yesterday there were a lot of Oxford units on the Middlesex talkgroup... but there didn't seem to be a patch in place. Various MNR talkgroups have been patched in thru the week as well.

I'm scanning the 4 towers 14,17,19,20. I don't hear anything in the scanning mode. If I switch to search mode the only OPP ID is 8275 and that ID is not listed. Then you hear all the other stuff in search mode.
Thanks Again Forts
TD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Set your status bit to Ignore (assuming you're running a Uniden scanner).

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

A few times last week I was seeing and hearing the Elgin, Middlesex and MTO Enf patched together on one of the MTO Enforcement talkgroups.

It's summer, there were holidays last week, there might be dispatchers on holiday, thats why you should monitor pretty much all the talkgroups that London dispatches, OPP, MTO Enforcement and NMR. This way your scanner will not be silent.

What kind of scanner are you using?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

I had that scanner for 3 years, I would love to get one back. I was able to enter in pretty much all the fleetnet towers that I would go to. Perfect size also!

One thing thou, you have to enter in all the talkgroups that are patched in order to not miss antyhing. An example or two:

Burlington and Niagara OPP are always patched together. With the 396T I had to make sure that both of these talk groups were entered in the scanner on the tower(s) that I monitored. If I only had the talkgroup, in this case labelled Burlington and the patch showed up as Niagara I wouldnt be able to hear the activity.

With the newer scanners, as long as you have one of the two or three talkgroups entered in, it will allow you to listen.

I am not familiar with how it works out your way but here in the GTA, some of the MNR and MTO Enforcement talkgroups are "attached" to the normal patches and occasionally "stand alone' talkgroups like Oxford and Norfolk get patched, together and with the MTO Enforcement talkgroups.

Again, I had over 70 different systems on my 396T, 40-50 different OPP towers, city systems (one for each tower in Toronto, for each of the towers in Halton) and I painstakingly built them to reflect what I would expect to hear for each. Building this was fun for me and I used Trunk 88 (shows you how a Motorola radio system works, shows the patches, status, radio id's) to custom build each.

And I probably still have the files saved somewhere on a USB Stick. I and others can help you out so that you dont miss any communications.

jasoyeom

Do the newer Uniden scanners follow patches better than previous ones (ie bc296d)? Right now my 296D will show only one tg when two are patched together. ie if 8432 & 8288 are patched I will only hear the patch on 8288 or 8432 not both.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the BC396XT and selling my BC296D.

mciupa

Database Admin
They do.

They would display both on the display screen as such:

8288 8432

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Do the newer Uniden scanners follow patches better than previous ones (ie bc296d)? Right now my 296D will show only one tg when two are patched together. ie if 8432 & 8288 are patched I will only hear the patch on 8288 or 8432 not both.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the BC396XT and selling my BC296D.

Hard to say, the XT'S, Home Patrol will show the transmissions on any of the patched talkgroups. The newer scanners are also better with interference, none of these erroneous talkgroups that popped up on my 296T.

Status
Not open for further replies.