• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FleetSync J Commands to PC remote control TK7180H

Status
Not open for further replies.

epalacio

Hi everyone! I am trying to drive commands from the PC to a TK7180H radio
through the rear DB-25 port in the mobile. I plugged the no 2 pin shown as
RXD1 in the pinout drawing of the service manual to a serial interface TXD
in the DB9 Serial port pin, the no 3 pin shown as TXD1 into the RXD pin of
my serial port in the computer, 7 as GND, and pin 8 AUX08 to the DSR pin
located in the Serial port in my computer. I also connected the AUX04 IO
port from the DB-25 port located in the TK7180, and connected to the CTS 8
pin in the serial com port. Into the extended function menu in the KPG-92D,
I program the 8 pin as an OUTPUT with the function LOK while in the AUX04
port I set it up as COR . In the fleetsync option under the General
Parameters 2 I enable the " J command serial output" option.

The setup for the Com speed is 9600 bps, with a bit parity of 8, Normal
polarity and stop bits 2.

With this function I can perfectly read information in a hyperterminal
software such as Real Term running in my computer every time I press a
button In the front panel of the TK7180. I.e. if I press the up button, in
the terminal software in the PC appears the information of Volume Up, the
channel, frequency, and the Volume level. Same thing applies when I change
channels with the up/down buttons. An example is shown below:

\x02JK00299\x03\x02JE* VOL** 2***** 00\x03\x02J[d601\x03\x02JE155.700
02\x03

Everything goes perfect but I´m still unable to send commands from the
computer to the radio so the mobile executes them. If I want to increase
volume from my PC, to send the command and the mobile increases the volume
level. I think I'm not writing the right command or if it's not written the
way the Transceiver recognises it as a command.

I had no success by now and I´m not sure if I´m connecting everything
properly, or if I must enable another function or options into the KPG
software, or even If I am writing correctly the string characters from the
computer from the radio.

Nothing else for now, I hope I didn´t bore you with my explanation and poor
English.

Any piece of advice, tips or hints will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards from Argentina!

k4r0sh1

Hola

Que tipo de comandos quieres enviar al radio?

Solo puedes enviarle comandos que esten en el protocolo y en el formato que se indica en el mismo, el protocolo no es un documento que este publicado en alguna pagina y necesitas solicitarse a Kenwood

epalacio

Hola! Muchas gracias por responder. Es un gusto. Mi nombre es Eduardo. Quiero cambiar de manera remota y a través de una PC, los comandos necesarios para cambiar la radio de canal, subir y bajar el volumen, y hacerla transmitir. Mi distribuidor local de kenwood me otorgó el manual de PC interface protocolo donde se explica cómo se crea el paquete en binario y hexagonal, pero no tengo éxito generando el paquete correcto para realizar estas funciones. Qué puedo estar haciendo mal? Agradezco cualquier posible consejo o información. Saludos!

epalacio

Estimado, no tengo tu nombre. Es un gusto poder saludarte y aprecio tu respuesta. Por otro lado, te quiero pedir disculpas por la demora en responderte. Voy a bajar el archivo y lo voy a ver. Por lo pronto, me alegra hacerte saber que pude además de hacerlo cambiar el número de canal de la radio, puedo hacerlo transmitir y cesar dicha transmisión. Para mi necesidad, simplemente debería intentar ver la posibilidad de activar y desactivar la función scan o exploración. Quisiera mandarte mis datos mail y demás para que sigamos en contacto, pero como soy nuevo en el foro, no logro darme cuenta de cómo puedo hacer para intercambiar esta info. Seguimos en contacto y a la espera de una respuesta, te saludo muy atte.!

toastycookies

Are you trying to control it through the terminal or write your own program?

You could probably setup macros to send through most terminal programs.

Are you sure you have the correct syntax?

Are you receiving anything back from the radio?

epalacio

Dear Toasty,
It´s a pleasure to meet you. I appreciate your answer. I receive a stream of characters from the radio when changing from channel or increasing or decreasing volume. I think I´m having problems with the sintax of the \x02 commands. I might probably not writing it properly. Pity since I only need to send a few commands from the computer to the radio. Activate or desactivate scan, channel selection, and trnasmitting from it. Any other possible help will be highly appreciated. We receive the command list protocol from Kwnd USA with success. I must keep on reading the character setup to send to the computer.
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.