• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Fleetsync, select call, ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

talexhill

Howdy:

Can someone shed some light on the actual purpose of Fleetsync? I'm just looking for new ways to communicate with my buddies on the fire department, who use Kenwood radios. -and also for personal usage. I've programmed two of my personal radios, and i'm just not seeing any of these Fleetsync stuff, actually working well.

Thanks!

Alex

CommJunkie

FleetSync is Kenwood's version of what Motorola has with MDC1200. It never took off (that I know of), and unless you have a complete Kenwood system, it's pretty much useless. You can set each radio to ID with FleetSync and decode it, but again it's a Kenwood-only system.

(P.S.> It was such a flop, that Kenwood started allowing MDC1200 encode/decode in their radios)

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
To get the fleetsync system working, you will need to program a fleet number, and a specific ID number for the radio. The caller ID box must be checked off for you to receive the ID number on the radio display. Also need to have the ptt id set to fleetsync. You can also use it for emergency functions, and selective call features. If you want an effecive system, you need to spend some time mapping out the units that will have the ID numbers used, and future units that may come into play.

phillmobile

FleetSync is Kenwood's version of what Motorola has with MDC1200. It never took off (that I know of), and unless you have a complete Kenwood system, it's pretty much useless. You can set each radio to ID with FleetSync and decode it, but again it's a Kenwood-only system.

(P.S.> It was such a flop, that Kenwood started allowing MDC1200 encode/decode in their radios)

well i like it, we only use kenwoods would never dream of using motorola

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Have you ever had a FleetSync squawk lock up a receiving radio?

I have (had) a transient problem with various TK-3180 portables which were set to PTTID on EOT, and when they did so, it would lock my earliest TK-8180 mobiles up - no buttons would work, the radios would be fully unsquelched, and the only way to solve it would be to remove power from the radio.

I believe the radios going faulty are using firmware 1.17 or earlier. I have never been able to get anyone to give or sell me a more recent firmware file for any of my radios - local shops, Internet dealers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.