Flexi 4XL CQ102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
Can any recommend a good BNC connector for this cable?

I recently ordered a DPD Air Omni and want to make up a N male to BNC Male to send to my MCA204M.

I have a bunch of Wireman Flexi 4XL CQ102 left over from a previous install, I am awaiting a reply from the site but second opinions are always welcome.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
BNC is not very common on RG-8 size cable and for good reasons.
It's not? that's news to me... and Amphenol and Times Microwave and RF Industries

The only technical details I can find on Wireman Flexi 4XL CQ102 is that the center conductor is 19/23 BC wire and the nominal diameter is 0.405". This is similar enough to LMR-400-UF and Belden 9913F7 that connectors designed for those cables will work with what you have.

prcguy

I've probably handled tens of thousands of cables in my lifetime and I can recall maybe a couple RG-8 size cables with BNCs on them that passed through my hands. Not very common in the real world. Yes they are made by many companies but just not used much.

I would not want to have a fat 9913 type cable with a BNC stuck on the back of my multicoupler anyway, use a small jumper instead.

It's not? that's news to me... and Amphenol and Times Microwave and RF Industries

The only technical details I can find on Wireman Flexi 4XL CQ102 is that the center conductor is 19/23 BC wire and the nominal diameter is 0.405". This is similar enough to LMR-400-UF and Belden 9913F7 that connectors designed for those cables will work with what you have.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Let's just say there are lots of different "real worlds" out there. Properly secure the cable and you won't have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.