Flight For Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
There have been a lot problems when they are going to Milwaukee County suburban incidents too.
Somebody should tell them it's always Milwaukee County EMS talkgroup on the Milwaukee County 800 radio.

That conversation has taken place... happy to report two successful scene calls within MABAS Division 107 yesterday with l all comms on "MC EMS" talkgroup. Seems to work well as the FFL comm center, Helo, scene LZ and Paramedic base are all able to collaborate on a single talkgroup.

mkescan

That conversation has taken place... happy to report two successful scene calls within MABAS Division 107 yesterday with l all comms on "MC EMS" talkgroup. Seems to work well as the FFL comm center, Helo, scene LZ and Paramedic base are all able to collaborate on a single talkgroup.

Cool, that's how it should be. I am not just saying that just for scanning reasons either. FD IC has a lot going on, and it must be really frustrating when dispatch tells them flight can't copy.

k9rzz

FFL FDL -> Froedert on Milwaukee's Analog EMS CH. 10. That's the only channel I've ever heard them on that system.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
FFL FDL -> Froedert on Milwaukee's Analog EMS CH. 10. That's the only channel I've ever heard them on that system.

To clarify, the official system designation for CH 10 is "MC EMS", just to clear up any confusion in the discussion. The channel naming convention / identification is a major issue in daily interoperability. Just like TV networks have different 'number' designations from Time Warner Cable to Dish Network, etc., different radio templates have talkgroups in different 'number' slots. In public safety we are teaching everyone to refer to talkgroups by there naming designation rather than channel location on an individual radio.

lifestarEMS

Flight has been using the WCTRS talkgroup almost exclusively, have heard all three aircraft on this talkgroup. Also have heard Flight on the new SCTRS talkgroup. It appears Flight is transitioning to 800mhz for dispatch operations.

sheriff205

hi i have the pro 404 scanner and i was ask ing if u guys know wht the ffl freq is because i have tried 129 freq and the onther ones u submitted but i think my scanner pick it up for some reasson ?

k9rzz

FWIW: I happened across an accident in Oak Creek this afternoon and FFL appeared. I monitored 129.475mhz as they flew off but never heard a thing.

k9rzz

They were on Milwaukee County EMS talkgroup.(32400) You will always hear FFL on that talkgroup when a suburban milwaukee county fire department request them.

Welcome to Facebook

Well, actually "I" won't. =:^(

Hey! That was the crash! Oh ... he got broadsided. Was hard to see from the FF parking lot.

Last edited:

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Well, FFL is on several trunked systems in the area... and depending on where at they are flying, they will use various systems, hence the various TGIDs throughout SE WI. They still have access to the 129MHZ channel and monitor that on their counsel... and UHF med channel as well

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Flight was just on VHF a little while ago.

I think the bottom line here is that if a person wishes to monitor FFL in it's entirety, you need to have a trunking-capable scanner and still plug in the VHF and UHF channels. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the topic can correct this statement, but it appears there is no rhyme or reason to which freq they use or when.

CrabbyMilton

That is the million dollar puzzle. I think it has mostly do do with the are where they amy be flapping around in. It is indeed a good idea to put all of the freqs and talk groups that FFL may pop up on if you really want to keep track of it. Then you have to remember that they may prone to use 129.475 if they just finished talking to ATC to get permission to fly whereever since they are already on that band. Sometimes they can be heard on 123.050 or 123.025 making small talk or hello/goodbye to the news choppers.

CrabbyMilton

That is the million dollar puzzle. I think it has mostly to do with the area where they may be flapping around in. It is indeed a good idea to put all of the freqs and talk groups that FFL may pop up on if you really want to keep track of it. Then you have to remember that they may prone to use 129.475 if they just finished talking to ATC to get permission to fly whereever since they are already on that band. Sometimes they can be heard on 123.050 or 123.025 making small talk or hello/goodbye to the news choppers.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
There is actually a simple answer to everyones question... And it all depends on which aircraft they are trying to communicate with, and where they are. FFL has three bases (mchenry, fond du lac and waukesha) if they travel within an area that a certain system has better coverage, then they use that system.... The uhf and 129 freq are both simplex, and the 129 is am, so further comms can be acheived under different conditions. They dispatch personal using nextel. And use satellite phones for backup.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
They were on Milwaukee County EMS talkgroup.(32400) You will always hear FFL on that talkgroup when a suburban milwaukee county fire department request them.

Welcome to Facebook

Thats just landing zone coordination, waukesha TRS has a seperate TGID for that in addition to their dispatch channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.