Flight Watch 10682 Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

node1

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody noticed no incoming or outgoing information for landing or take off info from Reid Hosp. Richmond IN. This has been for the last three to four days of landing at Reid Hosp.

west-pac

Has anybody noticed no incoming or outgoing information for landing or take off info from Reid Hosp. Richmond IN. This has been for the last three to four days of landing at Reid Hosp.

Which birds? Perhaps Lifeline is using a backup helicopter without an 800 radio. They may be using IHERN (155.340Mhz).

node1

Premium Subscriber
Air Medical Helicopters Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
1068229baDFLIGHT WATCHFlight Watch Statewide EMS Dispatch

Nothing on IHERN at the time. This is for the whole state and during good weather. Thanks

west-pac

I'm not following. You asked Reid for the past 3 or 4 days, then said the whole state.

I heard Flight Watch traffic yesterday around noon-ish, with Samaritan 1 taking a scene flight up north.

usswood

Hospital landings and departures are usually done on lifeline regional VHF channels... amsuming your talking about lifeline?

node1

Premium Subscriber
I'm not following. You asked Reid for the past 3 or 4 days, then said the whole state.

I heard Flight Watch traffic yesterday around noon-ish, with Samaritan 1 taking a scene flight up north.
Sorry for the confusion I happen to be at Reid at the time of two departures and they normally use flight watch. With the scanner live I did not hear the normal amount of fuel used people aboard and flight time being announced. At the same time my son is a patient at Reid and has his scanner and can see the Pad. He has not heard them during his stay at this time. Life Line uses Flight Watch in and out of Reid. Some body heard them and they are still on the Air I know because of the weather they are not flying now. Thanks

usswood

Have him program 153.185 VHF and see if he hears them on their VHF... Should be Lifeline 4 based at Richmond airport, or 1 could cover Wayne county also

Flightwatch is more of a backup if they don't have good VHF conditions for Lifeline, they stay a lot on their own networks

node1

Premium Subscriber
I have the 153.185 already in all three scanners Life Line4 is based out of New Castle Air Port now. As of today I have heard Flight Watch at different locations 6/3/21. No problem it was just unusual that three different flight was not heard while I was at Reid live. Thanks everybody

west-pac

I have the 153.185 already in all three scanners Life Line4 is based out of New Castle Air Port now. As of today I have heard Flight Watch at different locations 6/3/21. No problem it was just unusual that three different flight was not heard while I was at Reid live. Thanks everybody

Where did Life Line 2 go? My records indicate Life Line 2 was based in New Castle, and Life Line 4 was based in Columbus.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LifeLine also is adding UHF DMR repeaters at bases which will be linked to the ERS-OCI TRBOconnect CON+ system. The helos use both the ERS and VHF almost equally, except in areas where the ERS is spotty or no coverage. They use SAFE-T to coordinate with other EMS, and FD's for LZ's, and use the Flight Watch for safety purposes, coordination, and in areas where neither VHF or ERS works for them. Flight Watch is also now an multi system TG, patched when needed to TACN in TN, various KY systems, MARCS-ip in OH, and MSPCS in MI. I am not sure yet if it is also patched to STARCOM-21 in IL, or the MOSWIN in MO. I have not heard traffic from those systems on it yet. Also, which base is LL5?

west-pac

LifeLine also is adding UHF DMR repeaters at bases which will be linked to the ERS-OCI TRBOconnect CON+ system. The helos use both the ERS and VHF almost equally, except in areas where the ERS is spotty or no coverage. They use SAFE-T to coordinate with other EMS, and FD's for LZ's, and use the Flight Watch for safety purposes, coordination, and in areas where neither VHF or ERS works for them. Flight Watch is also now an multi system TG, patched when needed to TACN in TN, various KY systems, MARCS-ip in OH, and MSPCS in MI. I am not sure yet if it is also patched to STARCOM-21 in IL, or the MOSWIN in MO. I have not heard traffic from those systems on it yet. Also, which base is LL5?

My notes, as of a few years ago, says LifeLine 5 is based in Lafayette.

VASCAR2

I was just researching Life Line helicopters and Life Line 5 does appear to be based at Purdue University Airport in West Lafayette. I’ve got the different N identification numbers off the LL helicopters but watching the ADS-B transponder signals shows the individual helicopters might be moved around to different bases. I noticed N914LL went to the New Castle, Henry County Airport base last night.

I noticed N914LL flying from Elkhart area to Indianapolis IU Methodist then go to New Castle yesterday. From pictures of Life Line helicopters I thought N914LL was assigned to Columbus. I know helicopters require a lot of maintenance and most helicopter operators have access to spare Helicopters. Metro Aviation who partners with IU Life Line provides an unmarked helicopter N145EL as a spare as the picture has been posted on Facebook.

It’s possible the the individual Life Line unit number might be assigned to the crew at the helicopter base location and not the individual helicopter like N914LL. I’ve seen N911LL mostly fly out of Indianapolis IU Methodist hospital or the downtown Indy heliport.

The pictures I’ve seen of Life Line 3 based at Terre Haute Regional airport has helicopter N918LL. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the Life Line helicopters are set up using the same radios and equipment so using a different helicopter is not cumbersome for the pilot and flight nurses.

Status
Not open for further replies.