FlightAware vs. ADSB-Exchange SDR Options also

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I currently run an ADSB Exchange dongle in a Pi4 feeding ADSB Exchange. I am looking at options to provide a feed to Flight Aware. Can I feed both off of the one dongle? Is there any benefit to one over the other? Should I run two separate dongles? Can I run two dongles on one Pi4?
Still new to the SDR game and very new to ADS-B.

Thanks,
Dave

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Dave,
You can run multiple feeds off of one Pi Source. I have PiAware running now on my Raspberry Pi and I'm feeding Flight Aware, FlightRadar24, ADSB Exchange, and one other I believe.

Benefits would be the benefits you receive from each one of the providers you share info with.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I currently run an ADSB Exchange dongle in a Pi4 feeding ADSB Exchange. I am looking at options to provide a feed to Flight Aware. Can I feed both off of the one dongle?

I actually run three feeds off the two dongles I run, ADSBx, Flightradar24, and Flightaware. One runs the 1090 the other 978 bands.

Is there any benefit to one over the other? Should I run two separate dongles? Can I run two dongles on one Pi4?

It depends on your usage of premium/paid services on the services, like alerts or tracking info. Each service is slightly different which is why I feed all three. And, yes I run the two dongles, one dual band antenna, off one Pi4

NOTE: I was typing as @w2lie responded, but our comments are similar.

thinbluebbq

Feed Provider
I feed about 4 sites. It all depends on your desire. I will say that some sites are more helpful than others if you have questions or challenges. Some will trash talk you feeding to anything else or using anyone's software other than their own but if you can find some less than "passionate" people who are willing to help you, then you can get multiple feeds going.

dmchalmers

I currently run an ADSB Exchange dongle in a Pi4 feeding ADSB Exchange. I am looking at options to provide a feed to Flight Aware. Can I feed both off of the one dongle? Is there any benefit to one over the other? Should I run two separate dongles? Can I run two dongles on one Pi4?
Still new to the SDR game and very new to ADS-B.

Thanks,
Dave
i have no idea how ads-b works but am vary curious how to get into any help woulde be very appreciated.

nah95

I used option C from this thread. Currently feeding FlightRadar24, RadarBox, PlaneFinder,FlightAware and ADSB Exchange all from 1 Raspberry Pi/dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.