Flint City Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I know that Flint City Police has moved over to the MPSCS, but are they simulcasting on their old VHF channels? Reason I ask is because yesterday morning I was hearing traffic on their old dispatch 155.0010 pl 107.2 and LEIN 155.250 pl107.2..

Thanks Dan

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
What kind of traffic, police realted? Could it be that the old radios are being used now for another agency?

scott181

Activity

I've been hearing them alot lately during the day. They are using units MSO1 through
MSO9. I'm gonna say the SO is special operations?? They are using the old dispatch channel
as LEIN, to check VINS and plates, and the old LEIN channel as mobile to base operations.
I believe they are all using walkie talkies, as they sometimes are scratchy getting into the
repeater. Even the "base" is sometimes scratchy. From what I have monitored they seem to
be checking vehicles that are abandoned or disabled for a long period of time. I believe they
are trying to clean off the side of the road. I thought it was just so the snow plows could get
through, but it is an ongoing thing. They are red tagging the bad ones, and giving them 2 days
to move them. From what I have heard it is not just limited to the road. I've heard them talk
about vehicles in driveways too. If you get any more information please share. Thanks.
<<<Scott>>>

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Wondering if by chance are they volunteers doing this? I know before if not presently Saginaw had/has a group doing that, i.e. mainly for those in handicapped spots and not having a sticker. Just a guess is all.

scott181

flint pd

No I don't think they are volunteers. I believe they are actual on duty cops. I heard them the
other day requesting salt trucks because of a bad situation downtown. They seem to be mostly
downtown, and north end, from what I heard, however I did hear them over on cecile drive on the
east side. Maybe they are getting rid of all the trashed cars around the city. I heard at least 3
times where they called for a tow truck, and said the vehicle had no tires on it.
<<<Scott>>>

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply's, I really wasn't paying too much attention when I heard the traffic but it was very late in the evening after 9 pm.. I usually can't receive them from my qth but can when the conditions are right I can..

scott181

It was after 9 p.m.??? Hummm, might even be something else. The teams I was listening to were
signing out and returning to the station between 5 and 6 p.m. Maybe they have a second shift or
something though.
<<<Scott>>>

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
It was after 9 p.m.??? Hummm, might even be something else. The teams I was listening to were
signing out and returning to the station between 5 and 6 p.m. Maybe they have a second shift or
something though.
<<<Scott>>>

Hi Scott
I think it was I know it was not before 6pm, I will have to look at my 800 and see if I have it set to record on those freq's. You could be right though I may have my time off...Thanks Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.