Flooding flooding and more flooding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
For those of you in the northeastern PA area it's prime scanning time. Just about every EMA, police and fire agency is active with the flooding and washed out bridges and roads. They are now predicting a 40-foot+ crest for the Susquehanna in Wilkes-Barre for Thursday morning. For those of us who remember this is higher than the 1972 Agnes flooding. Hopefully the higher levee system will hold.

In the mean time I'm adding new previously silent frequencies left and right.

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
Now we're closing highways left and right, I have flooded roadways, trees down, bridges washed out, trapped cars and now a local dam in Noxen has failed.

I've never heard such frantic traffic on the radio. Everyone is overextended and with all the roads wiped out you simply can't get anywhere. Worse off one of our local FD's is underwater because of a creek over it's banks.

Dorpmuller

I'm new getting back into scanning... howsabout posting those freqs?

I live in Union County and what freqs I do have are busy.

Penns creek is supposed to go over-Snyder Co. was active on 151.04 fire and 155.37 police, Columbia Co. on 154.89, EMS crews on 462.95, .975, were talking up which roads are closed. (many of them:mad: ) Those EMS channels would be good to check if you gotta travel tomorrow.

Rich

ctrabs74

As of 0300, Manheim Twp in Lancaster Co had well over a dozen "public service" calls pending, according to the LCWC Public CAD web site (http://www.lcwc911.us/). On Saturday, Caln Twp, West Bradford Twp, and Downingtown Borough was hit pretty hard with heavy flooding up and down the Business US 30 corridor between Bailey Rd and Lloyd Av. As I speak, the rain is coming down in buckets here in the south end of Downingtown...

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
MANDATORY EVACUATION IN WYOMING VALLEY EFFECTIVE 8PM TONIGHT!

In Luzerne Co.....158.835 seems to be very active. It's actually too busy now to get most of the freqs without missing the action. Also the college security freqs are crazy since the city schools are evac-ing and Miseri is hosting evacuees. Most of these are in the databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.