Floods of 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydcg2003

All of you i am sure by now have been tuned into the flooding. Just a few tidbits for the Des Moines area to listen to while we get through the tough times. Have heard a lot of chatter on 1860 racom talkgroup which is the corps out at saylorville. Also have heard lots of chatter on Polk and Dallas County Sheriff's offices as to current road closures and river levels. Went over to Adel tonight to help them sandbag and get things ready as the coon inches closer. If i get them off my phone i'll post some pictures i took. Anyone with pictures would be interesting to see.

fireside

Premium Subscriber
Where's the ARK

Here in Tama county, the DOT is trying to keep US-30 open. They put rock along the shoulder and are pumping water out of the medium, seems to be working. Right now the clouds are black and more rain.

n2mdk

This is going to get worse before it gets better with the added rain today and next few days.
I'll have to start monitoring the Ames RACOM site it carries the Polk Co TGs from what I can hear.

mikeydcg2003

Was going to go over to adel again tonight but aparently they ran out of sandbags. Hope all stays well over there. Was a pain to get to work today. Our office is located up in the saylorville area on the high ground, but all the roads leading to there are closed down. I know my buddy yesterday had to take a pepsi truck around and clean out 2 casey's and a qt that they closed up

doctordave

Folks,

Any good internet feeds of the local flood responses that you could recommend? Hope you all fare well...our prayers are with you.

JESSERABBIT

For those of you who are able, try (if you can) please keep us posted as ths disaster unfolds. I have been keeping up with this via the news media only. My prayers, as I am sure, many others are with you.

mikeydcg2003

Well All is well in des moines except for one section and that is the birdland park around North High. They have lifted all the flood warnings(except for birdland park), re-opened the bridges downtown, and have started to open roads. Went over by adel today and the water has retrieted back to it's banks and i would be suprized if 169 does not open back up tomorrow. I would also be suprized if beaver and johnston dr don't open at some point in the new few days. Hopefully they open up one of my normal casey's stores that i frequent for work down in saylor township. Talked to my buddy in Cedar Rapids, He says it's a warzone out there not being able to get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.