Florence County officials sign radio system contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah lets just hope that they don't encrypt the whole system like so many others have done and it stays phase 1 which I doubt it will it will most likely be phase 2 may be it will work better than current ones already on line in the state that don't work so well

like I just said in my thread on the update all of the law enforcement talkgroups on the new system will be encrypted and they are looking at integrateing it into the oal 800 system

spencer2223

does any one yet show on the update for floreince or anything and what is encrypted and or is talk groups going stay in encrpyted and dispatch clear

they haven't started testing yet they don't have the new system up and running they are still waiting on the new equipment to arrive so that they can start implanting the new system on to the towers

KE4SZT

I also heard they are going Palmetto 800 with a county simulcast. They are looking to add 2 more tower sites in addition to what they already have for in-building coverage countywide. I doubt fire and ems will be encrypted since I've been told they will continue to simulcast on VHF for the pagers. Expected to be complete within 9 months.

that has been the talk since one of their officials have decided to retire at one time they were going to have their own system but now the talk has been going towards the pal 800 and as far as their fire and ems I hope that they don't encrypt them I hope that they don't encrypt all of the law enforcement talkgroups either but although they could encrypt all of it and still simulcast the fire on the pagers all they would need is a decoder I was living up in Louisville ky up to earlier last year and most of the fire and ems were encrypted on the Jefferson system but they still simucatsted on the vhf

just got more info on the system from what I was told the entire system will be encrypted everything from publicworks to all of the law enforcement and fire and ems all encrypted so I guess anyone that had plans to buy any of the new scanners that are coming out to listen to the system will be out of luck Florence county will be going dark when it goes on line

Status
Not open for further replies.