florence county

Status
Not open for further replies.
just an update on the proposed new p 25 system that has been approved by Florence county it seems now that thand that ey may be integrateing it into the pal 800 system but that has yet to be seen also I have it through the grapevine that all of the law enforcement in the county will be encrypted the so Florence city pd and all of the small towns and ems not sure about any of thr fire depts. yet but I will update it as more info comes available but as tof right now it looks like Florence is just another county going dark and that really sucks eggs pretty soon it just wont be worth it to have a scanner

another update on the new radio system for Florence county from what I have been told the entire system will be encrypted everything fro public works to fire and ems to all of the law enforcement all encrypted looks like one of the new scanners will be of little use around Florence because its going dark

KE4SZT

Not saying it's not possible, but how would you be able to monitor an encrypted fire channel on a Minitor V pager? I've been told by a couple chief's that they finally got everybody a V instead of an old II so it would be compatible (assumed at the time they were talking about narrow banding). They might do like Horry and just dispatch it then assign a Tac channel for operations. I guess it's easier to go encrypted now than ever before. Seems like just yesterday FCSO and FPD had their UHF linked into the county TRS during the move to 800. Can't we just go back to those days? :-(

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
FYI regarding encryption ..... It is now standard programming template for new radios from Motorola for encryption to be on. It is up to the individual agencies to turn it off. All new Public Safety systems from Motorola come with encryption on as standard procedure. Gone are the days when it was an extra option and cost more, it is free of charge as part of the standard programming templates. Hope your agencies turn it off. If they are going to run fully encrypted, they most likely will announce it to the press to warn them their scanners are about to be expensive paper weights for that area. Not being negative in any way, just stating facts.

evolocomotive

Not so fast... now I'm hearing the whole project is "on hold" and I know they just fired the radio guy for the county for "suspicious activities". The radio system here is absolute junk, and ive been told its on the verge of "catastrophic failure"...I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they went to the Palmetto 800 system.

didnt know that the new radio system was on hold thought it was still an on going thing i have been hearing some of the freqs on the system on fail soft but yeah its getting bad it doesnt have near the range it used to have and youre right it wouldnt surprise me either if they went to the pal 800

Status
Not open for further replies.