Florida Department of Corrections

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Reactions: wtp

edweirdFL

Funny you post this as today I was checking the FCC licenses to see if there was one to replace this low band one that has been cancelled, and couldn't find one.

45.42000 KNCP229 BMCSQTomoka CITomoka Correctional Institution (Volusia County) FM Corrections

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
If you're going to test them, just a heads up, you'll probably need to be within a few miles or so of the Institution due to how low power their transmitters are, from what personal experience tells me, and most institutions are pretty much in the middle of nowhere so you won't really get a good place to stop and test them without needing to pull into their parking lot which I wouldn't recommend doing. Officers do conduct parking lot inspections multiples times a day looking for unlocked vehicles and suspicious things. So, don't do anything stupid.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Lots of ongoing updates with the different institutions in the state. Definitely keep an ear out.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Funny you post this as today I was checking the FCC licenses to see if there was one to replace this low band one that has been cancelled, and couldn't find one.

what I found:

WPEB472 855.8125

WPJS367 851.4000

both of these are licensed to the same geographic area where the prison is (but the addresses are different)

doug

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
This is a dumb question, but is the new P25 system just going to be a single audio channel only? As in, no control channel and just P25 audio? I've been finding myself commuting lately and driving by a particular institution and was going to give it a test, and wanted to use OP25 since my laptop can't quite handle SDRTrunk, anybody know what command I would give OP25 to listen in?

For example, if I were wanting to test:
852.65000 WQME920 RM313 NACMadison CI 1 Madison Correctional Institution (Madison County) P25 Corrections

Would I just need to run

Code:
./rx.py --args rtl=1 -N LNA:36 -f 852.65e6 -S 1024000 -q 0.5 -V -2 -w

or do I need to specify more arguments as to what kind of filter to use and so on.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
This is a dumb question, but is the new P25 system just going to be a single audio channel only? As in, no control channel and just P25 audio? I've been finding myself commuting lately and driving by a particular institution and was going to give it a test, and wanted to use OP25 since my laptop can't quite handle SDRTrunk, anybody know what command I would give OP25 to listen in?
For example, if I were wanting to test:
852.65000WQME920RM313 NACMadison CI 1Madison Correctional Institution (Madison County)P25Corrections
Would I just need to run
Code:
./rx.py --args rtl=1 -N LNA:36 -f 852.65e6 -S 1024000 -q 0.5 -V -2 -w
or do I need to specify more arguments as to what kind of filter to use and so on.

It is Conv no trunking just 1 single audio channel.

alanlungs2

A funny story I would at time get Tomoka correctional on my ambulance plectrons on 45.42 in Hawthorne New Jersey. 45.42 was also the frequency for Ridgefiel Conn. and Harrisburg Pa. Police departments and our department would act as go between the other 2 departments for license checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.