Florida Department of Forestry

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Do they speak often? I have those same frequencies in my scanner and I cannot hear a thing. Do they operate very often as well?

In my experience, they do not talk very often. If you are in the Miami area, you will need to monitor Area 18, the Everglades District. I have heard occasional radio checks from units in the field to the base, but not much beyond that.

Whenever there is an active wildfire, you might hear more, especially on 154.265, 154.280, and 154.295, the so-called Red, White, and Blue TAC channels. I have yet to hear any traffic on the new narrow band tac channels that are listed, although that will likely change.

jc96

In my experience, they do not talk very often. If you are in the Miami area, you will need to monitor Area 18, the Everglades District. I have heard occasional radio checks from units in the field to the base, but not much beyond that.

Whenever there is an active wildfire, you might hear more, especially on 154.265, 154.280, and 154.295, the so-called Red, White, and Blue TAC channels. I have yet to hear any traffic on the new narrow band tac channels that are listed, although that will likely change.

Thanks for the info. That is what I figured. I know for a fact that the RED CHANNEL is used as a district wide interop channel with MDFR and other agencies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Do they speak often? I have those same frequencies in my scanner and I cannot hear a thing. Do they operate very often as well?
Just as an FYI, their Dade County repeater is located in Florida City. The Broward County repeater is located out west on US27 & Sheridan Street (they both use 159.390 MHz - pl 107.2 Hz as the repeater output). Although they both have a fairly decent coverage area, you may not hear them if you are located on the eastern parts of Dade/Broward Counties.

They do not have much traffic but they do have routine weather transmissions as well as roll calls.

jc96

Just as an FYI, their Dade County repeater is located in Florida City. The Broward County repeater is located out west on US27 & Sheridan Street (they both use 159.390 MHz - pl 107.2 Hz as the repeater output). Although they both have a fairly decent coverage area, you may not hear them if you are located on the eastern parts of Dade/Broward Counties.

They do not have much traffic but they do have routine weather transmissions as well as roll calls.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up. I live in western Miami-Dade County so it should not be a problem listening to Forestry out of Florida City.

ermin

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Up in northeast Florida the DOF (well i guess it the "FFS" now :evil: ...) frequencies get pretty busy during fire season (which is spring) as well as other times during the year when there are fires. Listen in around 8:00am. Thats about the time roll call & fire weather forecast should be. The exact time depends on the district but all of them i've ever listened to are around that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.