Florida fleet talk Pinellas site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

Anyone know what happened to this site?

Used to come in crystal clear where I’m at in Pasco. Seems to have gone off line or the frequencies changed. Anyone have any info? Seemed to have been the only NXDN system around here except for HAM.

jack3726

Curious question to yours. I was looking at some of this the other day since I had never heard of Florida Fleet Talk. It appears in the database that none of this shows any FCC licenses. If you look up Highland Wireless Florida in the FCC license search you get lots of hits includeing the 452.800 control channel licensed to them. Have you ever tried the frequencies out of Hillsborough county for FFT.

ngel

Curious question to yours. I was looking at some of this the other day since I had never heard of Florida Fleet Talk. It appears in the database that none of this shows any FCC licenses. If you look up Highland Wireless Florida in the FCC license search you get lots of hits includeing the 452.800 control channel licensed to them. Have you ever tried the frequencies out of Hillsborough county for FFT.

I have tried the Tampa site , not sure if I can pick it up from here or not, have never heard any voice on it. I can hear the control channel however I only get like 1 or 2 bars. When the Pinellas site was up it has a decent amount of voice traffic during the day

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Florida Fleet Talk is a consortium of dealers across the state. Freqs are licensed to the dealers. In the NE FL area it's Reidy Rhodes & Taylor or one of their off shoots.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Also, many of the frequencies are from 454 Mhz auctions (and some T-Band as well) where the actual licensing is not easy to search. TT

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
no, oldsmar site moved over to st pete, due to tower being deconstructed. site 20 is now 454.44375. equipment owned by sunstate, freq is borrowed.

ps, there is no T-Band commercial in the Tampa Bay area or west central florida OR JAX. only down south east florida.

ngel

no, oldsmar site moved over to st pete, due to tower being deconstructed. site 20 is now 454.44375. equipment owned by sunstate, freq is borrowed.

ps, there is no T-Band commercial in the Tampa Bay area or west central florida OR JAX. only down south east florida.

Well thank you for this info. It seems there is no close site now for monitoring from Pasco, as I used to hear the Pinellas site crystal clear. I put in the hillsborough site frequencies on 454 but i have not heard any traffic on it. When the Pinellas site was on there , you could catch a lot of traffic during the weekdays. Do you know of any other site for monitoring in the Pasco area?

CanesFan95

Yeah, I hate those stinkin' stupid dumb 454 freqs. You can't get licensing data to try and figure 'em out.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
454 frequencies are relatively free of co-channel users due to many of them having been reserved for paging and recently auctioned off in blocks over specific geographic areas (called economic area). In the normal 450 and 460 spectrum, you are often fighting other users on the same frequencies or nearby interfering with you or your customers. TT

CanesFan95

Yeah, that's a big problem in the 450s and 460s. Foolish how these radio companies go and put up repeaters and systems when they have to know there's already someone else in range using that same frequency. Do they not even listen for a few days first before putting up a new machine? So you wind up with frequencies that are doubled and tripled up. Analog users that have to sit there and listen to damn DMR farts all day. I've always wished I could somehow find whoever decides to put up repeaters on frequencies already in use and yell at 'em and really givem hell.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Very few clean channels available for use. Frequencies are a finite resource and there is significant demand for more frequencies all the time. The shops I worked at would deploy equipment on frequencies they knew were in use. They were hoping to drive the other users off the air.

The plan is simple:
-License every possible cheap wide area frequency you can.
-Put up infrastructure that occupies those frequencies.
-Place your customers on the cleanest frequencies you have.
-Place noisy/high duty cycle services on frequencies that you and your competitors are also licensed for (and ideally, ones that his customers are also on).
-Negotiate sharing agreements or memoranda of understanding with the competitors basically agreeing that they will not occupy x,y,z frequencies if you do not occupy a,b,c frequencies. In this case you end up with "clean" spectrum because the other people who would be interfering have agreed to not put transmitters on the air.

TT

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I was 3 for 3 of the shops around Tampa Bay. There may be people who are not doing it, but I have not come across them yet. In my new role of traveling the world assessing local radio shops with problem radio systems, it is just more of the same. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.