Florida MURS users

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Like to say hello to the florida community, well I know this may not be the place to ask but im traveling down to Lake Wells near orlando and wanted to know if MURS was big in florida "or parts" like as in new york city MURS is pretty big.

I know GMRS is heavily used in the northern part of the state.

lsh1885

I have a couple of MURS radios, I do hear some traffic on them occasionally, but in general I would say it isn't as big here as GMRS/FRS is. I have mine so I would have some communication in case of hurricanes etc..., I use to be a GMRS user, but decided to stick with MURS because it doesn't require a license.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I was going to see who all I would pick up. I'm taking my saber with me and all of my channels or first 5 are dpl 271

Bryan32

If your in Lake Wales program 462.725 PL 141.3 GMRS. I live in Polk County and not much MURS traffic other than Wallyworld and some fast food stuff. The 462.725 repeater is located in Bartow on Polk County's 400 foot tower. I monitor all the MURS freq and hardly hear anything.

I run 103.5 tone on MURS

Bryan

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I'll have to Do that on my next trip down. I just updated all my murs to dpl codes. I'll work on mt gmrs licence for the summer trip. I'll change a couple of the murs to 103.5 ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.