Florida Roll Call

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have been in Bay County for 6 months I have been listening to Bay Co 800 system and Tyndall Airforce Base P25 system.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
The Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

I am just moved to the martin county from seminole retired LEO. listening to martin county nd surrounding
area SO PD FD AIR...etc.. on a bcd396xt still programming. this area is a PITA. A virtual cornucopia of digital, analog, encryptd ,flers... its a challenge any help would be appreciated.

Welcome!

I have a couple 396XT's and have grown to like them a lot. It took a while though as it was a big shift in my thinking process. I would suggest getting some programming software such as freescan or butel. I use FreeScan and it is easy to use and eliminates the time consuming job of hand-programming the XT. Plus, the program actually helped me learn the system better than the included manual. There is also a guide called The Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual.

Check Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual.

I am on the west coast of FL, but I can still try to help you with questions about the XT if you need. I am far from an expert, but the folks here on RR are great and most are eager to help you.

Best of luck,

Vince
KI4VBR
Palm Harbor, FL
EL88ob

phatswinger

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the welcome guys. i am already using freescan and have a few counties added in but it seems a lil off. I copied the files from here and uploaded them. not sure if it was created after the rebanding in this area or not.

warnberg

Premium Subscriber
Hi all.. newbie here... I'm in the Wesley Chapel area and am listening all of the "Pasco County Public Services/Edacs" trunk system listed on this website...

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Welcome

Hi all.. newbie here... I'm in the Wesley Chapel area and am listening all of the "Pasco County Public Services/Edacs" trunk system listed on this website...

Welcome Warnberg. Lots of radio traffic in your county. I am below you in Pinellas and sometimes listen in on Pasco. Probably a lot going on today with the bad WX. I guess we are stuck with it for a couple days now.

There are lots of other things to snag on your radio(s) ....federal traffic, military, marine and so forth. If there is anything I can help out with, shoot me a message and I will try my best

Welcome!
Vince
KI4VBR
EL88ob

warnberg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Vince... I am working on a couple things... first studying for my license (HAM), second looking for a good antenna I can put in the attic for my BCT15X to increase listening distance, has to be in the attic (out of sight) as I live in a deed restricted community and they frown on things like that... :)

Iffy

Recent RR initiate from Bradenton (Manatee Co.). Scanned years ago and never mastered the trunking voodoo. Saw a recent review on da Home Patrol and had to give it a try. Gettin' it tomorrow and already have a 'game plan' for my 'Favorites.

Hope to catch ya'll on da 'playground'!

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Welcome Aboard

Welcome Iffy.....glad you are on-board the FL group. You are relatively close to my QTH...probably about 60 miles due south. I have an HP and really enjoy it. Especially when I travel.....it makes it so I dont have to enter in a zillion freqs or download from the DB all the time.....its just there ready when you are.

If I can help out with questions or ideas, please give me a shout and I will be happy to lend a hand.

Best regards,
Vince

godskidz

Waving a hand from Stuart FL.

Hi to all. I have belonged to this forum a long time but just moved to Stuart a month ago from Missouri !
God Bless y'all

HavanaScanning

Member - KD4PHL
Premium Subscriber
I live in Havana, FL (Gadsden County). Listening to:

Leon County (mostly encrypted)
Gadsden County
Jefferson County
Wakulla County

Decatur County, GA
Seminole County, GA
Grady County, GA
Thomas County, GA

MillAir

MitchAnthony

BSO DSP.

I live in Broward (South Florida) & primarily monitor BSO Pompano, Deerfield, Lauderhill, North Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Fort Lauderdale UNINC., Tamarac, Parkland, & Coral Springs. On occasion I will monitor all BSO districts. I also dispatch on IPN (FLA285). I live on BSO dispatch channels 7A/B, 11A/B, 8A/B, 6A/B, 9A/B but mostly on 7A & 11A is where most of the priority traffic comes through so I am resident on those two channels.

holla

-Mitch
IPN-FLA285

jimmyt3477

Premium Subscriber
New member checking in from Clearwater. Been listening to pretty much all of the Pinellas and Hillsborough agencies off and on from my Radio Shack Pro 106. Also a general class Ham. Great website and forum.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Welcome!

New member checking in from Clearwater. Been listening to pretty much all of the Pinellas and Hillsborough agencies off and on from my Radio Shack Pro 106. Also a general class Ham. Great website and forum.

Welcome to RR Jimmy.

Are you new to Clearwater? I am about 10 miles to the north of you in Palm Harbor. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Plenty of action as far as monitoring goes. Just about everything except for the state officers....encrypted.

You should also be able to hear some military action from where you are as well. Lots of comms in and around MacDill and as far as the MOA's around Avon Park.

Best of luck to you.
73 de KI4VBR
Vince

jimmyt3477

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR Jimmy.

Are you new to Clearwater? I am about 10 miles to the north of you in Palm Harbor. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Plenty of action as far as monitoring goes. Just about everything except for the state officers....encrypted.

You should also be able to hear some military action from where you are as well. Lots of comms in and around MacDill and as far as the MOA's around Avon Park.

Best of luck to you.
73 de KI4VBR
Vince

Hey Thanks. Been in Clearwater for many years and the Tampa Bay area even longer than that. I've been interested in scanning off and on for quite a while, but never had the equipment to follow trunked or digital systems until recently. Unfortunately where I'm at in Clearwater, I've been fighting pretty bad multipath distortion on the Pinellas P25 system. Some days are better than others, but mostly it's unintelligible from my home other than bits and pieces. I may look into a directional antenna one of these days, but I have enough to keep me busy at the moment.

There is a ton of stuff to listen to around here - between the ham bands, the two airports (TIA and PIE), all of the county and city agencies in Pinellas and Hillsborough, etc, there is no shortage of action. I also have a friend that is a firefighter for Pinellas County, so it is cool to hear him on the radio occasionally.

This site is a great resource for staying connected on all of this stuff.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Welcome aboard Jimmy!

You've come to the only website that has it all for scanner, hams, cb, etc.
Yeah, multipathing has it's problems; but a good, cheap yagi can eliminate or reduce the interference to a degree. There's a section on the forums that helps in building an antenna if you so desire.

PeterSellers

Premium Subscriber
Sunrise, Fl. 33351 by the Saw Grass Mall.

I want to monitor BSO in particular, all tac freqs. bought a cheap 99 dollar scanner from radio shack and took it back, I really need a BC396T or BCD396XT, but am waiting for the new trunks to come out next month, unless of course I can find one of the above for a great price. currently I am listening via APPS for my ipad,Android, and this site for my PC. Love this site. any info would be appreciated, as I can not find release dates from uniden or other manufacturers on exactley when the new units with current technologies will be in stores or on line to purchase.

Thanks in advance..

PeterSellers

Premium Subscriber
bso

Also wanted to ask if RadioReference can add the channel (BRAVO from BSO) as they go to that channel and we do not hear it from live audio on the site. any info on what frequency it is ?

thank you

PS

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber