Florida Satewide Net 155.370

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
It is still used for emergency inter-agency communications between various agencies within Miami-Dade County. I remember it also being used in the Orlando area several years ago. But I think that it is not used much throughout the rest state. The 800 MHz mutual aid channels seem to be the norm.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I've only heard it used when in Orlando. Was a few years ago, too. Near Mickey Mouse's house, I heard Orlando PD (or Orange SO?) talking to FHP about an accident on I-4.

Nothing heard on that frequency in the capital area.

edweirdFL

Just heard Volusia County calling FHP on this about something happening on the Interstate, so yes it's still in use in this part of the state. I only heard one side of the conversation.

It's one of the conventional freq.s I programmed into my ham HT as RX only and I've been scanning it for a couple of days now. Not a particularly busy freq most of the time.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
That's the police intercity frequency which I believe every department has to keep a watch on as per state law. No matter what other frequencies they may use for their own operations, every department can use the VHF intercity frequency.

Since you are specifically permitted by law to use any frequency available to you to summon help in the event of a genuine life or death emergency, I would actually recommend that you consider programming that frequency so that you can transmit on it if you are sure that you would only use it in a true emergency situation, to call for police assistance. I believe the PL tone is 156.7 or none at all.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
other than Orlando area I haven't heard any traffic in years
once upon a time Polk used to use 370 between the county & Lakeland City now they just use a direct hotline
as far as I know, Hillsborough County has never used it once upon a time manatee co so called hills for a couple hrs but never got an answer

That's the police intercity frequency which I believe every department has to keep a watch on as per state law. No matter what other frequencies they may use for their own operations, every department can use the VHF intercity frequency.

Since you are specifically permitted by law to use any frequency available to you to summon help in the event of a genuine life or death emergency, I would actually recommend that you consider programming that frequency so that you can transmit on it if you are sure that you would only use it in a true emergency situation, to call for police assistance. I believe the PL tone is 156.7 or none at all.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie

Working at West Palm Beach PD in dispatch I can assure you we don't have 155.370 on our consoles so if it's a state law I guess were breaking it. If we want to talk to other agencies we use the old-fashioned telephone and for any inter-agency stuff the go to is LE Comm. I know when I worked in the Onondaga County (NY) 9-1-1 Center we had 155.370 on our consoles but I don't believe it was used much. Of course that was before they went to the UHF Trunked system.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
At one time it was definitely required. That may have changed, or maybe some departments have "forgotten". It may be that every department these days has to use the 800 MHz mutual aid channels as a requirement but I don't know if they all even do that.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
The Radio/Scanner head that I am I know what 155.370 is and what it is used for (or lack thereof) but I guarantee none of my fellow co-workers would have a clue, even the supervisor. Yeah I feel 370 is out (not entirely i'm sure) when agencies started changing to more complex trunked systems. I know when I was up in Central New York (Syracuse) and I dispatched for Fire 45.880 was huge (which for those not familiar with 45.880 it is (or was) the Fire equivalent of 155.370). 45.880 was our go to for contacting neighboring counties. But I left to move to FL in 2009 and since then it seems as though everyone is getting off of low band up there as far as fire dispatching is concerned. I'm not even sure what FL used as an inter-agency fire frequency down here. I know up at work now we have the Fire COMM freq.'s in our console but never hear anything on them. Or it could be the volume is muted lol. I'll have to check that.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
155.370 in NY was was Statewide MRD (CSQ and TX 110.9 which was the standard NYSP PL). It is now called NY LAW 1 and is supposed to be in all the consoles. I can tell you that the last time I stopped by my old PD there, the volume on that channel was turned completely off. Everyone just uses the County channel now. Have even heard the Feds come up on the various county's channels in the Hudson Valley region.

In south Florida, it is used by Miami-Dade, FHP, City of Miami, etc as a console to console. Mostly because one is on P25, the other SmartZone (or Smartnet) and the last on EDACS. Although they could simply just use 8 CALL 90. You'll also hear patches over it.

As far as West Palm not having it in the consoles, I can name several federal agencies that don't have your (or the County's trunked) system and are simply on VHF or UHF (FBI, DEA, USSS, ICE, Postal, etc.). Lack of planning for Interop when the stuff hits the fan in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edweirdFL

I have reason to believe that Seminole County still has this in use. Air One is a helicopter operated by the Volusia County Sheriff's department and I just copied them calling and talking to the Seminole County Sheriff's department on 155.370.

From my location beachside I could hear them well, with the sound of the helicopter in the background flying over a part of the county that is close to the county line with Seminole county. I was not able to copy Seminole county's replies.

This is a VHF freq I have programmed into my ham HT (rx only) that is quiet for days at a time.

Ezra

155.370 "Citywide" in Miami Dade is still used regularly

In Miami Dade County they still use "citywide" extensively for Police and Fire interagency communication. For example if City of Miami needs Miami Dade County units, County Fire or FHP they will call on Citywide. It's mostly dispatcher to dispatcher but sometimes field units use it too. It's a pretty strong signal for the dispatchers, weaker for the units.

"Miami Beach to FHP... there is a report of a vehicle accident on 395 westbound at 95" And FHP will acknowledge "Can you give us a description of the vehicle and any injuries?" . It's all point to point in the clear. It is also used quite a bit for pursuits that cross jurisdictions.

You will hear transmissions about every 5-10 minutes. In Miami Dade County it's an essential freq to monitor.

All stations will identify themselves by agency name (e.g. "Hialeah Police") except Miami Dade County which uses "Control Point 1" and Control Point 2" Which I believe are police and fire respectively.

They also do a radio check where all the cities check in and test the communications on "citywide" every few days.

Helos will use it too and you can also track all helos on 123.025 "Watson Island" which is air to air common for the low altitude airspace covering the east half of Miami Dade County.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Interesting I am in central Florida and still hear occasional traffic on it, so it is a sure bet the various agencies are using it to pass of bolos and such between dispatch centers. I would say it is a must have for scanners here.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
As far as West Palm not having it in the consoles, I can name several federal agencies that don't have your (or the County's trunked) system and are simply on VHF or UHF (FBI, DEA, USSS, ICE, Postal, etc.). Lack of planning for Interop when the stuff hits the fan in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such an incorrect statement.... I have just under 10 Federal Agencies fully interoperable with us and a number of them are on 813A daily coordinating with the local LE agencies. I personally made the codeplugs and oversaw the subscriber programming.

Here is just one example... http://www.pbcgov.com/pubInf/Agenda/20120207/3h4.pdf

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø

There is no law or statutory requirement for the old VHF Intercity (155.37). The last agency, before moving to the County TRS and them being taken over by PBSO, was Lake Worth PD who had a small 25 watt base radio in the closet. The rest got rid of it a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.