Florida SLERS (EDACS and P25 00A.92463)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have made a spreadsheet for each area and export them to pdf. I have notice either they added more lcn(s) for each site. I went through each county to put in the freqs for lat/lon hoping we can figure out more sites are blank.
Green boxes are the ones I put together Yellow boxes are when I travel certain areas to catch all lcns as possible.

Attachments

• FL SLERS 800 Edacs RR 12021 1420.pdf
    326.6 KB · Views: 44

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Well, I was going to work on that today, but when I pulled into Brandford, the oil light on my truck dash started going haywire and had me overly paranoid for the rest of the day, so I couldn't sit there and work on it with that in the back of my mind and wait for a while to let the oil level settle before taking a reading. Sadly, I might be sidelined until I can work a fix for my truck. I just had the oil changed a week or so ago, so hopefully its something dumb like a bad oil filter and its slightly overfull, which seems to be the case, and not something severe like a failing oil pump.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The past few months noticing certain area(s) are adding freqs and adding LCNs to each site. Example say a site had 4 lcn it can be 5-6 lcn or more. NFWFL area Okaloosa Walton Liberty Franklin Taylor use SLERS for either FD EMS LEO Even Air Methods for Medical Halos.

edweirdFL

As part of my searching for the IMSA Rolex race event this weekend, I have programmed in the 3 sets of frequencies associated with the temporary trailer based SLERS radios sites that might be deployed. (1 EDACS, 2 P25) Nothing is showing up as of the morning of the race. I will check again around the NASCAR races next month.

If you are close to the Super Bowl site or perhaps a major golf tournament or other happening in the state, don't forget to think to look for these deployments which add additional capability, capacity, and redundancy in a specific area for a short time.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Major golf tournament or other happening in the state, don't forget to think to look for these deployments which add additional capability, capacity, and redundancy in a specific area for a short time.
I know they got Temp freqs for Ponte Vedra Bch area when a major Golf Tourney is at TPC Saw Grass in March.

batdude

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
don't shoot the messenger.

Looks like a P25 Phase ll system?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Florida issuing an Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) procurement document—generally considered to be a more flexible approach than a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a Request for Quote (RFQ)—would not be a surprise, as the state issued an ITN during its first SLERS-2 procurement effort. That procurement resulted in the selection of Motorola Solutions to build the proposed statewide P25 Phase II system for SLERS-2, but the state and Motorola Solutions failed to reach a contract agreement.

As a result, renewing the current contract with L3Harris to continue providing the existing SLERS—the trusted statewide land-mobile-radio system that uses an aging EDACS technology—is a priority for Florida officials. The current SLERS contract is set to expire in less than five months, on June 30.

Sounds like they don't have anything so far. No contracts, and a hope for a reasonable proposal from L3Harris to both extend the EDACS support and upgrade to P25. That's fine with me, they can stay on EDACS forever, at least its a system I can monitor.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they don't have anything so far. No contracts, and a hope for a reasonable proposal from L3Harris to both extend the EDACS support and upgrade to P25. That's fine with me, they can stay on EDACS forever, at least its a system I can monitor.
I'm sure all LEO and State people be ENC for sure.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at my notes I have. I found a lcn on site 160 it was submitted today. I'm not sure what sites freqs are correct or using some other freqs for another area or county? Here is what I have so far on PDF.

Attachments

• FL SLERS 800 Edacs 21721 1450.pdf
    327 KB · Views: 12

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
**Updated (Edacs) site info with freqs & FCC Licenses. Looks like some sites on RRDB has unknown freqs listed not sure if they are correct LCNs for that site I looked it up and not showing or its another county.......... I deleted some of the unknown in the pdf.

Attachments

• FL SLERS 800 Edacs RR 21821 1325.pdf
    327.8 KB · Views: 10

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Here is a update some sites are updated 121 149 150 151 233.

Attachments

• FL SLERS 800 Edacs 22021 2250.pdf
    328.5 KB · Views: 8

batdude

just so everyone is aware, I will be doing housekeeping on the SLERS DB entry in the coming days.

there are several entries with pre-Rebanding freqs (e.g., 866/867 MHz) that are no longer in use.

doug

batdude

FYI, the SLERS EDACS dB update today was to remove all the 866+ MHz rebanded freqs from the sites.

doug