Florida SLERS (EDACS and P25 00A.92463)

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
My take here is that something seems to be very wonky with how UT "sees" SLERS sites (it should not see it as a new system - right?) and for some reason the sites information is getting re/over-populated.... note it put "FORT WHITE" in there again for Site 140.... (??????????)
That. Was. Awesome. Thank you so much!

First, some ancient history - most I'm sure you already know.

On non-Site Pro systems (plain EDACS wide and narrow), the RR DB uses fake site numbers. They are generally the real site number until there's a collision, the next site gets 100 plus its real site, the next collision gets 200 plus its real site and so on. Some Motorola systems were also done this way. The program has dealt with this messed up convention for years.

My mistake is in applying the modulo site number logic to a Site Pro system. With 256 sites, that hack in the DB does not apply.

Thanks again for calling this out.

Now, to get this thread back on topic. There does appear to also be an issue with the Melbourne site data in the RR DB. The DB shows LCN 1 to be 852.95 while your screenshot (before re-downloading the SLERs system) shows LCN 1 to be 856.5125. I'm inclined to trust your screenshot over what's currently listed in the DB.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
so this morning, i deleted all the stored site and system data for SLERS from UT.

I manually populated Site 140 (Melbourne) from the RR data. I have not used the download site info feature yet.

1630160673940.png

note the errant entries for "site 0" and the double bubble on 140 LCN 1.

I have no reason to believe that the RR DB entry for Sites 140 or 122 are incorrect. That said, I don't have any faith that it's accurate either.

Of note, look at the double ding on site 122 LCN 4....

now look at the System window:

1630161038934.png

Double entries for both 140 and 122..... odd.

?

batdude

FYI, I am right back to square one.

For Site 140 - right now, today, this instant. 856.5125 is the control channel. When I tune UT to that freq - it locks onto the control channel then immediately changes to 852.950 .... I have no idea why it is doing that. 852.950 is not a control channel for this site. I have gone into the channel tab and changed "CONTROL" to false for 852.950 --- but this change does not save. leave channel tab, go back and 852.950 has changed from false back to TRUE for 852.950....

wonky.

LOL

doug

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
@batdude ... stop torturing yourself. There's a known bug with how the program pulls data from RR DB download as you reported in this thread. The Melbourne site's LCN / frequency pairing look wrong to me. Start with 856.5125 on LCN 1 for site 140 and don't download from the RR DB. I'll let you know when this is fixed in the software but the data also needs to be correct.

edweirdFL

For anyone that's going to be in the area over this weekend, try this UNconfirmed info.

Frequency LCN
852.425 11
852.925 14
853.500 18
856.5125 24

So far I have only heard radio techs testing in the clear.
I reran discovery on a newer version of Unitrunker and got 11, 18, and 24 again. 11 for the control freq.

My SDS-100 was only finding 3 and never finishing, so I took 852.925 out since I never saw any activity on it, and ran the LCN finder twice.
I said the control freq was LCN 6 and agreed with UT on the other two.

When running LCN discovery on the SDS-100 I started with LCNs of 0 programmed for all 3 freqs.
I got two results where it completed saved and they were as follows:
Frequency LCN
852.425 6
853.500 18
856.5125 24

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I reran discovery on a newer version of Unitrunker and got 11, 18, and 24 again. 11 for the control freq.

My SDS-100 was only finding 3 and never finishing, so I took 852.925 out since I never saw any activity on it, and ran the LCN finder twice.
I said the control freq was LCN 6 and agreed with UT on the other two.

When running LCN discovery on the SDS-100 I started with LCNs of 0 programmed for all 3 freqs.
I got two results where it completed saved and they were as follows:
Frequency LCN
852.425 6
853.500 18
856.5125 24
Very interesting on lcn lineup. I'll add those to my list. Did you submit the info?

batdude

@batdude ... stop torturing yourself. There's a known bug with how the program pulls data from RR DB download as you reported in this thread. The Melbourne site's LCN / frequency pairing look wrong to me. Start with 856.5125 on LCN 1 for site 140 and don't download from the RR DB. I'll let you know when this is fixed in the software but the data also needs to be correct.
btw, the RR Db entry for Site 140 >WAS< wrong. I have changed the info - just can't seem to find LCN 3.

doug

edweirdFL

Very interesting on lcn lineup. I'll add those to my list. Did you submit the info?
As of now the control channel is off the air, and I still need to go back and look at the logging and recordings that were made to see if I can confirm it.

If so I will do a submission to the database and if not I will capture what I have unconfirmed and stick it into the RRWiki as a starting point for future folks who want to try to map out and monitor the state's MRS (Mobile Radio System).

edweirdFL

A RR Wiki page for the SLERS EDACS Mobile Radio System (MRS) has been created.

I just wasn't positive enough to submit it to the db after reviewing what little data I collected while it was up. The page above will give folks an idea of when it might be deployed near them and a starting point for discovery and confirmation.

If anyone is ever able to snap a picture of it to add, that would be awesome.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Edacs site 105 I don't see a freq (858.6625) in the FCC License for Miami-Dade County is it possible Broward Cnty (Holloywood)?

batdude

I have been working with the Unitrunker people on SLERS and getting the program to work right.

Version 2, Release 1 Preview 73 is out now - and seems to be working properly on SLERS.

This file is available for download from the Unitrunker Google Group.

doug

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Appears the new version doesn't support P25 P2 if anyone is trying to see if there is a phase 2 for slers.

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
Appears the new version doesn't support P25 P2 if anyone is trying to see if there is a phase 2 for slers.
It will monitor the P25 control channel. P25P2 voice isn't supported so you won't hear anything but you can log call activity and site information like channels and peer sites.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
To add to @Unitrunker2's post, while the software won't decode TDMA voice, it will show TDMA traffic activity. The most recent previews of UT 2.1 will even display the traffic channel slots. So if all you want to do is "see" if there's Phase II traffic, you can do so, you just won't hear anything if you're voice following.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I tried the new ver today on bay county p25 p2 it wouldn’t decide the control channel no screen pops up with freq info. I also tried to put Tyndall AFB control ch nothing either that system is phase l.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I tried the new ver today on bay county p25 p2 it wouldn’t decide the control channel no screen pops up with freq info. I also tried to put Tyndall AFB control ch nothing either that system is phase l.
I suggest that you post in the Unitrunker Google Group to seek some help with your setup, as something is clearly out of sorts. I'm running the latest preview 2.1.0.73 without issue on FDMA, TDMA and mixed FDMA/TDMA systems on multiple computers.