Flower City LTR talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Been while since I looked at the talk groups for this system,what I do remember that there were more business talkgroups
than that are showing now. So what I'm asking,is there anyway to see what was erased? I know in searching I'm getting allot
more DEC's than that's being shown.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are two Flower City LTR systems, so you'll have to be more specific. Bristol or Rochester?

And no, there is no way for you to see what talkgroups have been deleted. I can tell you that some users have migrated to the RadioMax Tier 3 system within the past year.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Yes,Rochester system ...0-05-10,0-05-027,0-06-065,0-05-12 all on the Rochester Flower City LTR system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
And what exactly are you hearing on those various talkgroups?

k2hz

Database Admin
About a year ago, I noticed several long time Flower City subscribers such as Kittleberger Florist had moved to the Finger Lakes (now RadioMax) DMR system. I monitored Flower City for several days with no activity whatsoever on the taxi TGs. I also found other TGs that had apparently gone silent which either positively or likely corresponded with subscriber TGs on Finger Lakes. I submitted these for deletion from Flower City and addition to Finger Lakes. I also submitted the Taxi TGs for deletion since there was absolutely no activity for several days which would not be normal for a Taxi company.

I don't pay too much attention to systems like Flower City since their subscribers come and go all the time. Some small business bounce around from one radio system to another for financial reasons.

I can confirm there is now a Taxi very active on TG 0-05-010/012, what appears to be a paving company (talking about driveways and ordering "loads") on TG 0-06-065 and a towing company in the Gates area ("police call - 531 at Elmgrove") on TG 0-05-027 on the Flower City Rochester LTR system.

If you can ID them, go ahead an submit it.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
0-05-010 sounds like medical ,similar to Medical Motor Service.

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
TGs 010/012 are a mobile/base pair and their dispatching style is typical Taxi operation but I do hear them mention clients with wheelchairs. It is not Medicab or Monroe Transportation, that are on other systems. I don't think Genesee or RMT use radio so I have no idea who it is.

k2hz

Database Admin
Second tg for Medical Motors?
I seriously doubt Medical Motor Service would need a second TG and the whole nature of the radio operation is different. I find it very odd that they are operating with the split TGs and general type of dispatch like a taxi rather than medical transport. It is more like they are a taxi company that caters to wheelchair customers.

I don't recall the medical type operation in the past before they went silent. Makes me wonder if someone bought out the taxi operation and re-invented it for wheelchair clients.

D

DaveNF2G

Taxi companies can have Medicaid contracts, but they don't generally operated wheelchairmobiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.