Floyd County (DMR/P25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amburgey41653

Premium Subscriber
1. A while back in my county, and surrounding counties was covered by Trans Star Ambulance which was bought out by Life Guard (AMR). They used to use an analog UHF system, but now I was told they use a DMR system for the area for dispatch to truck communication. Just wondering if anyone else has ran across any updated info for this system. I have DMR capabilities.

2. One of our local police departments are now P25, I have the NAC code but they are using a KVL. Is it possible to scan/search the VHF freq until they are found?

The database hasn't been updated with either and just wanted to see if we can get more info to do so.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
1. A while back in my county, and surrounding counties was covered by Trans Star Ambulance which was bought out by Life Guard (AMR). They used to use an analog UHF system, but now I was told they use a DMR system for the area for dispatch to truck communication. Just wondering if anyone else has ran across any updated info for this system. I have DMR capabilities.
Try Talkgroup 10010, ColorCode Search, Slot Search on the Floyd Frequencies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
2. One of our local police departments are now P25, I have the NAC code but they are using a KVL. Is it possible to scan/search the VHF freq until they are found?

The database hasn't been updated with either and just wanted to see if we can get more info to do so.
Help me out here. What is KVL? If you know the frequency and NAC code then that would be good enough for a DB update. This one is throwing me off a little.

amburgey41653

Premium Subscriber
Help me out here. What is KVL? If you know the frequency and NAC code then that would be good enough for a DB update. This one is throwing me off a little.
KVL is a Motorola Key Variable Loader, its an encryption code they are using for P25. Even with the frequency and NAC code it’s still not deciding like it should because of it.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
KVL is a Motorola Key Variable Loader, its an encryption code they are using for P25. Even with the frequency and NAC code it’s still not deciding like it should because of it.
Ah I thought that's what you were referring to but the way it was presented threw me off for a moment. So what your saying is that they have gone encrypted and can't be monitored?

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you're referring to Prestonsburg PD, they're encrypted full-time.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
If you're referring to Prestonsburg PD, they're encrypted full-time.
I'm not really sure. He said local PD so in that case I would assume Prestonsburg PD but his question about scanning still doesn't make sense to me.

amburgey41653

Premium Subscriber
I'm not really sure. He said local PD so in that case I would assume Prestonsburg PD but his question about scanning still doesn't make sense to me.
Yes, Prestonsburg PD. I used to work there a few years back before they went to P25. My question was, if they are using using a key loader, was is possible to decode that, but apparently it’s not.

in regards to the Lifeguard question, it is DMR and I’ve figured it out using regular UHF frequencies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Yes, Prestonsburg PD. I used to work there a few years back before they went to P25. My question was, if they are using using a key loader, was is possible to decode that, but apparently it’s not.

in regards to the Lifeguard question, it is DMR and I’ve figured it out using regular UHF frequencies.
Ah ok. Is the Talkgroup the same as I posted above, that seems to be the one they are using for dispatch primarily?

Status
Not open for further replies.