Floyd County/New Albany

jbertrand

Few questions about Floyd County and New Albany.

Earlier this year Floyd County Highway was supposed to join Safe-T network. Does anyone know what channel they are on?

New Albany Fire did have their own system, did they switch back to Safe-T?

Does anyone have any other interesting news from the area that would need to be updated in a scanner? Looking for any other frequencies for Road departments in Floyd/Clark county. (I have a Pro106 scanner)

Armyconrad

Premium Subscriber
I believe they did switch back to Safe-T. I heard their ops/them talking on one of the channels, I'd have to recall exactly which one. I heard the alert beep when they were about to get dispatched, but did not here the dispatching on the channel. The dispatching must be taking place on another channel then they come to this channel for operations

Cryptx

I believe they did switch back to Safe-T. I heard their ops/them talking on one of the channels, I'd have to recall exactly which one. I heard the alert beep when they were about to get dispatched, but did not here the dispatching on the channel. The dispatching must be taking place on another channel then they come to this channel for operations

Yep - They're dispatched on VHF and then go to SAFE-T for operations.

Steve73

NAFD old system was still active a week or so ago. Heard one of the command units on the main channel trying to talk to dispatch. Dispatch never replied and short time later he was on Safe-T. Guess he was on wrong channel and dispatch not monitoring it. Maybe they kept it as a backup? They have spent a lot of money on different radio systems and keep coming back to Safe-T.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are AMR EMS and New Chapel EMS the only medic service providers for New Albany and Floyd County? Which frequencies or talkgroups are used for consulting with hospitals? I don't see any frequencies or talkgroups listed for hospitals. Are the standard UHF med frequencies possibly used? Thanks!

Last edited:

Steve73

Are AMR EMS and New Chapel EMS the only medic service providers for New Albany and Floyd County? Which frequencies or talkgroups are used for consulting with hospitals? I don't see any frequencies or talkgroups listed for hospitals. Are the standard UHF med frequencies possibly used? Thanks!
AMR covers only New Albany city and uses 452.300. New Chapel covers the rest of Floyd and all of Clark County and is on the Safe-T system.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
Probably using the IHERN channel or cell phones.