Flying To Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

atwageman

I will be in the Philly area all next week on business. My question is. Will I have any issues with airport security when it comes to my scanner. I plan on having it in my "carry on" bag.

johnyvico

ok

nah u should be ok with that , philly thoug is digital so u do need a digital scanner to listen . if u want to listen to your approach into the airport . ATIs is 133.400 and tower is 118.5000 and sometimes on rainy days is 135.1000 .

atwageman

johnyvico said:
nah u should be ok with that , philly thoug is digital so u do need a digital scanner to listen . if u want to listen to your approach into the airport . ATIs is 133.400 and tower is 118.5000 and sometimes on rainy days is 135.1000 .

Thanks. Yeah I'm bringing a digital scanner.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
I'm not aware of anywhere domestically you would have a problem.
20 some cities for me so far this year and not a 2nd glance even once.

Dave

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
I flew through Philly recently and the scanner was not an issue, nor has it been at any of the many US airports I have passed through. The only time it got a glance was years ago when a screener thought the rubber ducky looked like some type of a drill on the x-ray. I suspect that nowadays to the screener the scanner is just one of many electronic devices like cellphones, PDA's, Blackberrys, pagers, digital cameras, etc they have to sift through while looking for potental weapons.

Also, I have listened to my scanner many times at the gate in Philly without any problems.

MVS

atwageman

Thanks for everyones input. Now all I gotta do is program my scanner. I will also be in the Moorestown, NJ area as well.

gossamer

If your in Moorestown I would put in the NJSP Troop A there can be some good listening on that and you will be in close proximity to the turnpike station.

Status
Not open for further replies.