FM Band Stop recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
ebay is too full of junk it seems... and sorry (not sorry) i prefer to not install something that says "made in china" in line with my gear....

i need a recommendation for a good FM trap (band-reject) / notch filter.... i am getting some splatter in the lower end of the VHF Air band that is very annoying... seems to be from a station in the 105.xxx MHz range.

note that i can't have the filter encroach on 118.xxx MHz too much (0.5-1db max)

anyone have a decent recommendation?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Last edited:

Ubbe

You could first try a less costly solution and get both a low noise amplifier and a filter from GPIO Labs in Canada. It will both increase reception and stop FM splatter. Also use a 20dB variable attenuater to adjust the gain if the scanner gets overloaded.

iseeabluewhale | eBay

/Ubbe

ecps92

IF interested and near a closing Radio Shack, see if they still have 1500024 (you won't find it online anymore) it is an FM Trap, altho it is 'F" coax connectors, you can also get those and a 3-6 foot short cable to connect to the BNC for the scanners.

I find they work quite well., got the last Trap at my Local RS for $1.00

Another store I was at had 5 of them, almost bought them, but am waiting for the 80% sale
ebay is too full of junk it seems... and sorry (not sorry) i prefer to not install something that says "made in china" in line with my gear....

i need a recommendation for a good FM trap (band-reject) / notch filter.... i am getting some splatter in the lower end of the VHF Air band that is very annoying... seems to be from a station in the 105.xxx MHz range.

note that i can't have the filter encroach on 118.xxx MHz too much (0.5-1db max)

anyone have a decent recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.