FM Communications / Bush Electronics - New Site in WNY

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Just stumbled across this, Sites 1 & 2 are reporting a new neighbor, Site 5, reporting a CC=41. I swept the spectrum for any new NXDN control channels, and I came up empty. Seeing how it's reporting as a neighbor on the Tonawanda and Attica sites and not South Wales, I will take a wide stab and say it's up in Niagara or Orleans County.

I did a little search of the FCC database and nothing glaring came up. So, something to keep an eye out for I guess?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Some nxdn systems will give the channel number and the freq of the neighbor. If your using DSDPlus, open your event log in the DSDplus directory and search for CC=41. It may list the cc with the freq.

1680264755419.png

k2hz

Database Admin
I am looking at Site L157-1 now and it is reporting Site 3 CC=24. This system uses LCNs and does not broadcast frequency.

k2hz

Database Admin
L157 Site 3 is already in the RRDB - South Wales.

I don't see any Site 5 on the NL.

Last edited:

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I just pulled up Site 1 again this morning, still getting it. I figured with it being a Saturday morning, everything else would be quiet and the new unknown Site 5 NXDN CC would stand out, but that was a fail. Sites 1 and 2 are still reporting Site 5 as a neighbor. My guess is it’s just out of range of me. Which is why I’m thinking Niagara or Orleans Co are the best bets as Orleans Co is usually super weak for me. I saw they had some licenses for trunking in Medina, but I couldn’t figure out what system it is associated with, if any. If it was south, you’d think Site 3 would be reporting it. Maybe it’s not even on the air yet, who knows. But, something to keep an eye out.

Their licenses are all weird. Tons of YG licenses, many of them are old, and in locations where I don’t believe they are on the air.

k2hz

Database Admin
I am monitoring Site 1 and it is currently showing only neighbors 2 & 3 but with a "-" after the 3.

I have seen this on another system where it means the CC data is showing a greater number of possible neighbors than are being broadcast. It seems to show up when new sites are pending. I will leave DSD+ running and see if 5 shows up eventually.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have had Site 1 up for 2 hours now with a good signal and refreshed the DSD+ Current System Info twice and it still shows "NL: 2 3 -"
Maybe your DSD+ imported the NL from Site 2 or it is showing old data.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
And is everyone on the latest release of DSD+ Fast Lane 2.395 before we compare notes and draw any conclusions?

Remember that it's very easy to refresh the live data in DSD+ simply by pressing the n key to refresh the neighbor list, or by pressing d to disregard all current system info and start fresh.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So I guess it's just Nxdn DFA systems that list the freq as thats what my screenshot is from.
NXDN DFA systems are few and far between, the majority still use predetermined channels that need to be known before the system can be tracked properly.

k2hz

Database Admin
Are those high numbered LCN's 5 digit by any chance?
As stated in the posts, they are all 1 or 2 digit numbers and appear to be in the order at which they were assigned so looks like an arbitrary table for this system. Now up to 41 for the new site.

k2hz

Database Admin
Sites 4, 6, and 10 use 3-digit CH ID's
Yes it looks like Bush sites are 1xx and The FM sites started with 1. So the unknown Site 14 LCNs would probably be 1xx. Since Bush and FM are separately licensed they are probably building the tables off their respective licenses and Bush starting with 1xx to avoid duplication on what is probably a system-wide table.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Which might be a clue that the mystery Site 5 is probably in FM's area, not Bush's.

Andy, have you checked the 420 MHz block? I assume yes, just asking for due diligence lol