FM Radio interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlyons777

I am an EMT with McGregor EMS and BARRINGTON EMS. I have a RadioShack pro-2096 scanner with a super M ultra base antenna on a 10 ft mast above the roof line of my house. I am monitoring 156.10500 (UNH Fire alarm) and I always hear WOKQ 97.5 in the background. My antenna is grounded with 6g wire and ground Rod. I'm using

I don't know much about radios but I appreciate your questions and solutions.

N3LLO

Are you in close proximity to their transmitter location?

I think you may want to do further investigation, but if you determine that you are getting overload from something within the FM band, you may want to check out the FM band filter from PAR Electronics:

PAR Electronics | Filters for the commercial 2 way market, MATV, FM broadcast, laboratory, marine industry, amateur radio, scanner and short wave listening enthusiasts

I needed to get one for 162 MHz to eliminate overload from a local NOAA weather station. It works like a charm.

KB1VLA

Yeah, 97.5 transmitter is on Green Hill Rd in Barrnington. Try listening to them on 154.6575 to see if that comes in any better.

ecps92

How close are you to 43°13'02.83" N 70°58'21.18" W which is where the tower is.

You definitely want to follow-up with an FM filter to block them out, or try the Alternate Freq they use

I am an EMT with McGregor EMS and BARRINGTON EMS. I have a RadioShack pro-2096 scanner with a super M ultra base antenna on a 10 ft mast above the roof line of my house. I am monitoring 156.10500 (UNH Fire alarm) and I always hear WOKQ 97.5 in the background. My antenna is grounded with 6g wire and ground Rod. I'm using

I don't know much about radios but I appreciate your questions and solutions.

ronhl

Be cool if they just built in a fm trap that can be turned on either globally or per channel/object basis.
I use the Stridsberg's..works real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.