Fm skip on Fm radio band 88-108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin_Jay

Anybody else in Ontario hear the strong afternoon Fm radio skip?
I turned on the car radio this afternoon and heard far away stations blending in and picket fencing with my local fm stations. The time of year again in early june. The skip was strong hearing everything from Rock stations to country to everything else from Missouri and Tennessee. Hopefully this might be the same phenomenum tomorrow, will have to take a listen, maybe not.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
low band SKIP yesterday afternoon

I didn't hear the opening on FM but I did hear it on my PSR500 in the car about 2:30PM yesterday.

I'll have to keep more of these freq's programmed from now on.

44.200Mhz : some sort of continuous buzzing noise : program this one in and use it as a beacon
to let you know when the skip is in season.

27.025Mhz this tends to be the CB channel where you start to hear all the powerhouse southern US stations signifying the start of an opening
29.600 : 10Mtr Fm repeater unknown location
not sure of which state or states were coming in from 42 to 43mhz
42.140 state police
42.580 North Carolina??
42.540 among others
Anyone else hear these?

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
re: FM skip yesterday

I was in my truck in the south end of Whitby near the lake when I heard these stations.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The cycle is apparently starting up again...should probably be this way for the rest of the year. It's been a long time since I heard the VHF Lowband skip and I'm looking forward to being able to hear it now using an actual base antenna.

Chatting on the CB last nite, I made contacts in Kentucky on sideband, and yes, the skip is starting to roll in pretty good. I don't usually get on the radio for just reg. chit chat, but I don't mind getting on there with my rinky dinky Cobra 2000

2 days ago I managed a contact in Tennessee I think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.