FMN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Just wondering ( since I am new at this) On some of the conventional frequencies they have as mode type FM & AM but to some say FMN...I am wondering what that means and if I can still listen to that department that has FMN?

Any help would be great :)

sjgostovich

FMN

Hi there, welcome to Radio Reference! FMN stands for the mode "FM (frequency modulation) Narrow" or what is commonly referred to as the "narrow banding" otr "narrow banded". If you do a search of those terms on this website you will get plenty of detailed information.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Go to the top of this page and click on Wiki and look under Glossary for NARROWBANDING. Does explain it their. Depending on scanner and frequency you may be able to hear something but unless scanner has the exact same frequency it will be at reduced volume.

A

Ambulance2014

one More question

Thank you guys for helping me out :) I appreciate it from the more experienced radio and scanner users. I got the Uniden home patrol I am wondering what speaker mic would work for that scanner? I tried scanner maters but there was complete junk and I see some other ones on eBay with single pronged as the scanner needs a single pronged to be plugged into it .

Just wondering what ones you would work for good audio and sound from the scanner?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't use any external speaker for either of my HP1s. The volume is plenty loud even in a vehicle with all the windows open.

A 'speaker mic' is not usable as, as the name describes, it includes a microphone. If you absolutely have to have an external speaker, you want one with an 8 Ohm rating. You may also need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter if you plan to use the 2.5mm jack on the HP1.

A

Ambulance2014

Thank Jay and Ryan.

Ryan do you know If this one is a good mic? Not like the scanner master one where you turn it up and can barley here anything, just want to know if it is a good one to buy for the Hp 1 to use a speaker.

Hope to hear back

ryan433pk

Premium Subscriber
It's a motorola business level mic so it should do what you need it to. It'd only be about 30$ including shipping so you can't really go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.