FMP-Map.exe help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I assume 1.6 it says when I see the message in the map data screen that says TCP fail? I just got an update from DSD version 2205 is now out as of the other day. It too seems to have the same error?

radioopperator

Feed Provider
This is my .bat and the error I get I cut out the many TCP Connection fails.

start DSDPlus2205.exe -r1 -fa -i20001 -OM NUL 1>>cc.log
C:\DSD2-Dano-1>start FMP24.EXE -f451.8125 -P20.9 -v70 -b12.5 -g49.9 -i1 -o20001
C:\DSD2-Dano-1>FMP-MAP.exe

FMP-Map 1.6
Press ? for active keys list
1 map point loaded
TCP connection failure

thewraith2008

This is my .bat and the error I get I cut out the many TCP Connection fails.

start DSDPlus2205.exe -r1 -fa -i20001 -OM NUL 1>>cc.log
C:\DSD2-Dano-1>start FMP24.EXE -f451.8125 -P20.9 -v70 -b12.5 -g49.9 -i1 -o20001
C:\DSD2-Dano-1>FMP-MAP.exe

FMP-Map 1.6
Press ? for active keys list
1 map point loaded
TCP connection failure
Did you try the solution I suggested to the OP for this very problem?

radioopperator

Feed Provider
OK I'm running DSD 2205.exe and NOT running stunnel. Is that the issue? or have I totally mist something else?
Thanks.

thewraith2008

I tried your batch settings. Otherwise I mist something?
Yes you missed something, I didn't post any batch settings. I linked to a posted that fixes a configuration file for stunnel.

OK I'm running DSD 2205.exe and NOT running stunnel. Is that the issue? or have I totally mist something else?
Thanks.
Yes you missed something, you didn't read the set-up requirements in "Notes.txt" for FMP-Map and LRRP under the DSDPlus release v2.113.

The 'Notes' it also mentions (under DSDPlus v2.145) that LRRP v1.17 no longer requires the use of stunnel but no mention of FMP-Map is made to indicate that anything has changed with FMP-Map and the need for stunnel. I don't know why they changed one and not the other.

see this post
FMP-Map + stunnel required a fix to work properly. See this post

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Well the map is up and the connection fail is gone. I installed stunnel started it fired up dsd it was still broken so I shut stunnel down turned off server exited. Went to DSD101 folder copied FMP-MAP.CFG and FMPMAP.exe to my current DSD folder and I now get a map and it loads map data. I don't know if locations work or not since I don't see any GPS info monitoring yet. I have a HT that sends GPS but all I see in DSD is NEMA in the data line NO GPS location with this one.
Thanks for the help.

thewraith2008

Well the map is up and the connection fail is gone. I installed stunnel started it fired up dsd it was still broken so I shut stunnel down turned off server exited. Went to DSD101 folder copied FMP-MAP.CFG and FMPMAP.exe to my current DSD folder and I now get a map and it loads map data. I don't know if locations work or not since I don't see any GPS info monitoring yet. I have a HT that sends GPS but all I see in DSD is NEMA in the data line NO GPS location with this one.
Thanks for the help.
Sounds like all you did was roll back to the public release (ancient) version of FMP-Map that didn't use stunnel.
Not really fixing the problem, just giving up.
Not sure the latest DSDPlus will even work properly with the old public release version of FMP-Map.
You said 'dsd' is broken with the use of stunnel. DSDPlus doesn't use stunnel, FMP-Map does. Do you mean FMP-Map?
If you do mean DSDPlus then this will most likely be a different issue and not related to stunnel.
If you not going to use the lastest version of DSDPlus I can't really help any further since I only use the latest version of the DSDPlus package.

The more details you provide about the steps you took and the contents of configuration files you are using will yield a better response from the forum.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I don't know what is the latest version of FMP-MAP.exe ? One copy says 1.6 the other don't say anything? is there a spot I can get the latest version? What is the latest version?

radioopperator

Feed Provider
I just hit (U) and it says there is another update AND 1.7 available the other day said I was up to date?

thewraith2008

I just hit (U) and it says there is another update AND 1.7 available the other day said I was up to date?
That's what happens when update occurs. It was only a few days between v2.205 and v2.212.

Using FMP-Map 1.7 should fix your problem so long as your config file and CSV file are OK and the network you are listening to is sending the messages that get sent to FMP-Map.
No stunnel to mess about with anymore.

from Notes.txt:
Code:
FMP-Map 1.7

Open Streetmap servers have returned to accepting HTTP connections, so the stunnel
    program is currently not needed to download map tiles. FMP-Map 1.7 connects directly
    to the Open Streetmap servers instead of relying on HTTPS connections through stunnel.

rikifromgomel

Hi from belarus. I have payed last dsd+ version. I need worked version fmp-map.exe and FMP-Map.cfg.
What's the Difference LRRP.EXE and fmp-map.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.