FMP not tuning consistently on Nexedge trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

Monitoring a single site with 5 freq Nexedge system. It works,,mostly. It seems to not tune correctly about half the time. The DSD window shows it tuning to the correct frequency and the FMP window shows it tuning but when you look at the peak where the traffic is taking place the tuning bar is not on it.
Ideas??

**** Fixed I think

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
How many dongles do you have? Can you post a screenshot of your setup, along with the batch files or startup commands for each program?

frazpo

FMP and DSD batch files.

Two dongles.

Attachments

• dsd-trunking-jcso.jpg
    dsd-trunking-jcso.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 102
  • dsd1.jpg
    dsd1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

frazpo

It was a simple fix. I had a few typos in the dsdfrequency file causing the off tuning. Works like a charm. Yes, the screenshots are of it working properly so the tuning is correct.

Yes thanks for the responses. It was fixed shortly after I posted the OP. I posted the screenshots as a request from another member unknowing whether they were looking for guidance or thinking it was not still not working.

In response to the post on gain and bandwith settings - It is working well and I haven't done any fine tuning. I'm getting clear and error free decode. I would adjust with those if this wasn't the case. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adcockfred

As long as your wave form line isn't jagged the wider band with will work. I typically run my c c as wide as I can. As long as you don't have any slow downs. But might need that gain for vhf. We have a couple of school districts around here running vhf. We have the richest school district in the state here and they have their own p-25 system.

frazpo

As long as your wave form line isn't jagged the wider band with will work. I typically run my c c as wide as I can. As long as you don't have any slow downs. But might need that gain for vhf. We have a couple of school districts around here running vhf. We have the richest school district in the state here and they have their own p-25 system.

Yes thankyou. Adjusting that a bit did smooth my waveform down.

adcockfred

We have a new system made by the nxdn folks for up north in hills and woods. It is 4800 baud 900 mzh con+ turbo. It has replaced the ltr and seems to even better than p-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.