FMP scanning - Not stopping on active channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

I guess I am missing something. I am scanning a group of NXDN channels one of which will be a CC.
The CC channel changes everyday. I would like to set these to scan and just stop on the CC to feed DSDplus. My problem is FMP will not stop on the active control channel while scanning. Is there a prerequisite to making this happen that I am not finding??

This is a 5 channel NXDN trunked system I am monitoring.

Marco192

I also have the same problem when scanning DMR ... I have checked all the details, searched the forum, but no luck to get the FMP stop when it detects voice

frazpo

Then you need squelch based scanning that will stop on the active control channel. Sounds like a job for SDR# and a scanning plugin.

Why the option to scan then? When is this used? I've used sdr# to scan but this setup needs FMP and DSDp.

M105

The fastlane version will follow the control channel on NXDN systems. No need to scan.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The fastlane version will follow the control channel on NXDN systems. No need to scan.

Just for clarification: Fastlane will follow Kenwood NEXEDGE, but not Icom IDAS, control channels. And don't forget, you also need two dongles for trunk-tracking.

frazpo

Ya I dont use fast lane.
The CC changes everyday. I was just trying to automate the FMP for the CC so it would just scan and sit on it till it rolled over each day.

So why the scan option if it doesn't stop on active channels?

**** nevermind, that was answered in a previous post. its fast lane also.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
I guess I am missing something. I am scanning a group of NXDN channels one of which will be a CC.
The CC channel changes everyday. I would like to set these to scan and just stop on the CC to feed DSDplus. My problem is FMP will not stop on the active control channel while scanning. Is there a prerequisite to making this happen that I am not finding??

This is a 5 channel NXDN trunked system I am monitoring.

My advice is in the fmp-cc.bat or fmp24-cc.bat(if you have fast lane) just put in the new cc when they switch it.

frazpo

My advice is in the fmp-cc.bat or fmp24-cc.bat(if you have fast lane) just put in the new cc when they switch it.

Ya I had actually created a separate bat file for each frequency. I was just tweeking my setup. It works well. No big deal it doesn't scan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.