Fmp tcp over the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a pc with 1 dongle running about 18 miles away from me. I have dsdplus, fmp and sdrsharp all installed on that pc.

What I would like to know is can I put something into the fmpcc.bat file to direct it to my pc ( at my place) and be able to launch fmpvc.bat and of course vc.bat I tried o24.198.20.100:20005 but when I run that it did not work. ( I used my real ip in the bat)

There are some dmr systems over there near the other pc and I would like to try to sniff those signals, over here on my pc. The pc is at my parent's house and they use it daily. and I don't want to bug them too much although pop believes there are UFO"s out there and would like to listen to them.. And mom does puzzles all day so something like team viewer is out. Plus it times out after a time period/

Thanks

slicerwizard

FMP is acting like a server. You don't "direct" a server at anything. Instead, you direct the client (DSD+) at the server (FMP). Just like how RR isn't directed at your browser, instead you direct your browser at RR...

So the IP address goes in your CC.bat file and it's your parents' IP address that's required. Also, you likely need to open up a port in your parents' router and the PC running FMP should have a static IP (so you can point the opened port at it)

M105

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but if you just want to listen remotely, why not run RadioFeed? You can send the output from DSD+ to RadioFeed via VB Cable. The computer would then sit quietly scanning while others used it and you listened over the web. Also, no matter how you do it you will have to open a port on the firewall in order to listen over the web.

slicerwizard

He wants to run DSD+ locally and feed it from a remote FMP. It'll work fine except that he'll have to run a scan list or use remote desktop software to control/retune FMP.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
slicerwizard is correct. My dongle only does what it can. I am in an East facing apartment and there is a ton of stuff to my west that I cant receive. Having a pc with a dongle to the west of me (parents house) would enable receiving rf signals at a remote location and processing/monitoring them at my location. Being able to connect to fmp on a remote machine is the first step. I could either use a scan list or park on control channels of systems I want to either listen to, or research and identify.

Teamviewer works to an extent but pop uses pc mostly at night doing his thing and having to repeatedly pop up teamviewer is a pain for both of us. Using it a few times thru the day to enable or tweak a bat file is not too bad. Was kinda looking at a set it and forget it approach. So knowing fmp is serving either a scan list or a cc set up in the morning is could suffice my goal.

@M105, would I be sending dsd out to radiofeed or telling radiofeed to input from vbcable? I have not played with radio feed that much.

Thanks guys for the input.

M105

@M105, would I be sending dsd out to radiofeed or telling radiofeed to input from vbcable? I have not played with radio feed that much.
Thanks guys for the input.

With both FMP24 and DSD+ running on the remote machine you would take the audio output from DSD+ and instead of routing it to the speakers send it to the input of VB Cable. In RadioFeed use the output of that VB Cable as the input audio source. Then you could use the private server of RadioFeed to listen over the Internet. I have a similar arrangement running that allows me to listen to my home setup remotely. Others using the computer would be very little impacted except of course they would see the command windows open on the task bar.

slicerwizard

Now that I think about it a bit more, splitting FMP and DSD+ across two machines is going to be a problem, since some of their communicating is done through the file system. If a scan list is used, FMP would never stay on a frequency because it won't see that DSD+ is decoding voice.

Does Windows allow multiple users to simultaneously use a PC? If a virtual desktop can be set up for a remote user, the OP won't have to dodge his dad's pr0n surfing... :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What kind of data usage would be involved too? I know my parents have cable internet, but a pretty low monthly cap. I'd hate for your folks to get a surprise bill because you blew thru all their data in a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.