fmp24 autotune off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I'm trying to monitor a signal on 454.35625, but FMP seems to tune to 454.350 when it's active because it has much stronger signal. is there a way to turn off what seems like an autotune feature?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm trying to monitor a signal on 454.35625, but FMP seems to tune to 454.350 when it's active because it has much stronger signal. is there a way to turn off what seems like an autotune feature?

Yes I believe there is. Try -a0.

> fmp24 -h

<snip>
-a<num> Enable/disable auto center tuning (0-1) [-a1]
</snip>

Mike

slicerwizard

If FMP24 is auto-tuning to a signal that is 6.25 kHz off from the channel you're tuned to, your bandwidth setting is too large or your PPM adjustment value is wrong. FMP24 won't auto-tune to what it can't see, so obviously it's seeing the other signal, which means it's mixing that signal with your target signal and causing interference / degraded decoding, even without the auto-tuning issue.

kma371

QRT
If FMP24 is auto-tuning to a signal that is 6.25 kHz off from the channel you're tuned to, your bandwidth setting is too large or your PPM adjustment value is wrong. FMP24 won't auto-tune to what it can't see, so obviously it's seeing the other signal, which means it's mixing that signal with your target signal and causing interference / degraded decoding, even without the auto-tuning issue.

My bandwith at the time was set to 4 so doesn't get much smaller than that. Both freqs are NEXEDGE48 systems. I'll check the PPM setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.