DSDPlus FMP24.exe disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dufus

This morning I couldn't run my dsd+/fmp24bats, turns out FMP24.exe was missing. Grabbed a copy from the zipfile .... it was blocked. Seems all of a sudden windows defender started blocking it. Running window10. Been running dsd+ fastlane for a couple years .... no issues. Had to go into windows defender history and have it allow the file.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been watching this issue. When was the last time you ran DSD / FMP24.exe prior to this morning, and what version of the Defender database? Microsoft just updated their security platform and database a few days ago. You can find the version info in the Definitions Updates section of Windows Update control panel. My DSD is running ok on Monday.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I made sure the Windows box that hosts my DSD+ FL install was fully updated as of today, and ran the program - no issues. I'm not sure why some people are having issues with security programs, and some are not. My install is located in the root drive, C:/dsdplus

DRL-XM43

I made sure the Windows box that hosts my DSD+ FL install was fully updated as of today, and ran the program - no issues. I'm not sure why some people are having issues with security programs, and some are not. My install is located in the root drive, C:/dsdplus
My LLRP exe was deleted along the same lines.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. I'll set up some exclusions to avoid this problem.

Dufus

I've been watching this issue. When was the last time you ran DSD / FMP24.exe prior to this morning, and what version of the Defender database? Microsoft just updated their security platform and database a few days ago. You can find the version info in the Definitions Updates section of Windows Update control panel. My DSD is running ok on Monday.
It runs pretty much everyday. It was running last night. KB2267602 (Version 1.307.142.0) installed 12/09/2019 is the last update. It's back to normal after telling defened to allow it. haven't did anything to it since the last fastlane update. just wanted to share in case others had issue.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
It runs pretty much everyday. It was running last night. KB2267602 (Version 1.307.142.0) installed 12/09/2019 is the last update. It's back to normal after telling defened to allow it. haven't did anything to it since the last fastlane update. just wanted to share in case others had issue.

Same with me. I was running DSD+ last night. Running Win 10 pro, it updated and I just waited until I shut it down to install. Today when I fired it up it came up a security warning that dsd/fmp24.exe was a trojan. I just allowed it and everything's good. Updates were, December 10, 2019-KB4533002 and December 10, 2019—KB4530684.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Checked my quarantine - see below. I don't use fmpp, I use fmp24 so that's why it wasn't affecting me. Looks like v. 1.307.160.0 flagged it for me. The current v. 1.307.338.0 has not found anything today.
fmpp trojan detected.PNG

Last edited:

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Yes I stated this before that Windows 10 virus scanning was targetting the FMP apps due to their specific nature of routing packets. I believe MS is using AI to detect this and the more you use FMP apps the more it'll be suspect.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've never used FMPP.exe (the executable that was flagged in my case) directly - I run FMP24 via the .bat files.

Annunaki

FMPP (that i dont use) was also quarantined on my machine recently and the DSD+ team told me its a false positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.