DSDPlus FMP24 / FMPA scanning feature

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have set up FMPA to scan a list of frequencies according to the FMP.txt help file. The scanlist requires the frequency, mode, and description. But the description (alias) doesn't show up in the program anywhere. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or did I omit something? An alias for the frequency (or talkgroup in the case of DMR) would be nice.

noamlivne

I have set up FMPA to scan a list of frequencies according to the FMP.txt help file. The scanlist requires the frequency, mode, and description. But the description (alias) doesn't show up in the program anywhere. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or did I omit something? An alias for the frequency (or talkgroup in the case of DMR) would be nice.
I am afraid that the Scan function of FMPA (and FMPP) is quite useless. I wrote a few times, here and via email to the developers of DSDPlus, but got no answer.
I did not use it for a long time now, but if I remember correctly, the Delay option doesn't work and the AM option doesn't work. So even if you get the Alias to work, I do not think it will be complete.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I don't use my Airspy (FMPA) but do use scanlist with NooElec dongles (FMP24) all the time and overall, the scanlist feature works good. There is a window that will show each freq being tuned. When a comm is being received, the window stops scrolling and whatever is displayed on the last line is what's being received.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Dave, you are correct. When I use FMP24, the alias appears as shown in your video. However, when I use Airspy (FMPA), no alias appears. I made separate scanlists for FMPA and FMP24, but they are identical. Strange.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just tried my FMPA and the window does show the freqs being scanned but does not seem to display the alias like FMP24 does. First time in a long time that I ran FMPA.