FMP24 record

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to record raw audio for dsd creator. I am running fmp24 and set it ouput to vac. Launch dsd with vac as source. Entered a con+ control channel to verify activity. Ok, that works. Now I enter a p25 conv freq and set squelch mode to on. Then hit r to record and the wav file continues to grow even when there is no activity on the freq.

Am I doing something wrong or does the raw audio record even when there is no activity?

I am seeing tg's change during decodes in dsd and they asked for raw audio but I can't have this thing fill up my c drive.

Thanks

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Use the squelch function by pressing Q. It should only record when the signal breaks the squelch then. I am still looking into how to set the squelch. But this should fix your problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I did that and dsd shows no activity when there is not any activity on the freq, yet the wav keeps growing. I even dropped the rf gain all the way down and no luck. Its at 400 meg now..

cg

Premium Subscriber
you are recording the raw audio for data purposes, that is not affected by squelch. If it is a signal that is not constant like a control channel, you need to either try to turn it on quickly or start and stop it every 30 seconds to a minute to create separate files. Delete the ones that don't show data and rename the ones that have signal.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.