FMPA resets DSD+ settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredo68

Hi, I use DSD+FL 2.395 with SDR# as a passive monitor for listening to ham DMR, D-Star etc; I also use DSD Combined VC/CC monitor with FMPA to monitor a local DMR TierIII system. The issue is when going from FMPA back to SDR#, I lose the function where slot 1 is in one audio channel and slot 2 in the other - both slots are in both channels. This can only be remedied by copying a backed-up dsdPlus.bin file. On some occasions the monitoring threshold is also reset to a much lower level - eg 20 instead of the usual 50.

Does anyone have any advice on a permanent fix to my issue?

I'm using an Airspy R2 with batch files pretty much identical to this (only the frequency varies):

FMPA -o20001 -L12 -M10 -V10 -f139.51875 -v30

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks.

a417

U+0000
Hi, I use DSD+FL 2.395 with SDR# as a passive monitor for listening to ham DMR, D-Star etc; I also use DSD Combined VC/CC monitor with FMPA to monitor a local DMR TierIII system. The issue is when going from FMPA back to SDR#, I lose the function where slot 1 is in one audio channel and slot 2 in the other - both slots are in both channels. This can only be remedied by copying a backed-up dsdPlus.bin file. On some occasions the monitoring threshold is also reset to a much lower level - eg 20 instead of the usual 50.

Does anyone have any advice on a permanent fix to my issue?

I'm using an Airspy R2 with batch files pretty much identical to this (only the frequency varies):

FMPA -o20001 -L12 -M10 -V10 -f139.51875 -v30

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks.
Not sure I've ever heard of that underlying issue before, or how to mitigate that...but I'd run two separate folders of that instance. One for FMPA, and one for the inferior SDR#.

slicerwizard

The issue is when going from FMPA back to SDR#, I lose the function where slot 1 is in one audio channel and slot 2 in the other - both slots are in both channels
I doubt it has anything to do with FMPA and everything to do with how (and where) you're starting DSD+ in those two cases.

Fredo68

a417 - thanks for suggesting an obvious idea that hadn't occurred to me. I'm aware FMPA feeds to DSD+ better than SDR# but the latter serves its purpose - if i want to skip between 10/11m, 2m and 70cms very quickly, it works for me. Frankly I find SDR# a more 'friendly' interface too.

slicerwizard - I think that too. Can't seem to find any .bat switches that would affect the audio output in that way. I've really looked! I was using the same installation of DSD+ for both but will now use separate one. Guess that solves my problem.

Many thanks for both your inputs.

slicerwizard

Can't seem to find any .bat switches that would affect the audio output in that way. I've really looked!
-o<spec> Output audio device (1-255; 0=none) and channel (M/L/R) [-o1]
in/out channels are optional; default=in:mono, out:mode based

-o1M will output mono audio on the first audio device (usually your speakers)

Fredo68

Obviously didn't look hard enough! Many thanks again for that very useful information. DSD+ is excellent but my learning curve is far from complete. I clearly need to re-read everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.