Follow-on Q re: 2m transceiver + RR scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

qed479

My sincere thanks to everyone who responded to my 2-meter transceiver + railroad scanner question. Lots of Kenwood TM-281 recommendations. I downloaded and read the TM-281A manual. I can see that if I have the AAR channels programmed into memory, then I can do memory scan for railroad activity and lock out channels picking up unwanted signals or noise. Follow-on question: For the TM-281A, if I'm doing a 2m band scan looking for ham activity, can I lock out a specific frequency that's picking up noise or an unwanted signal?

k6cpo

Don't rule out radios made by other manufacturers. As you probably saw in the other thread, I'm using Yaesu radios for both ham and railroad monitoring and they work fine for. As long as a ham transceiver has wide receive, you should be fine.

In answer to your question above: While I'm not familiar with Kenwood radios specifically, most operate in a similar manner. I've looked at the manual for the TM-281A and I can find nothing that would indicate you can lock out a specific frequency while in VFO mode (which I would assume you mean by "a 2m band scan.")

You can download the manual for the TM-281A at: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Communications/Amateur_Radio/Mobiles/TM-281A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.