Follow The Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetball1994

OK, I'm going to ask the question again in the open that KevinC ignored in my previous thread, Big Daddy Uniden: Is RR taking any money from Uniden, Whistler or any other manufacturer for privileged status at RR or any other purpose? It's a simple question and deserves a direct answer. It seems to me that the answer to this question is foundational to properly evaluating any information that's posted here.

If this elicits another batch of ad hominems, so be it.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I would say yes since I got banned for a short period for posting how Uniden missed an opportunity when they made the SDS200. Didn’t get a notice of violation or explanation. They did delete that post to.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
OK, I'm going to ask the question again in the open that KevinC ignored in my previous thread, Big Daddy Uniden: Is RR taking any money from Uniden, Whistler or any other manufacturer for privileged status at RR or any other purpose? It's a simple question and deserves a direct answer. It seems to me that the answer to this question is foundational to properly evaluating any information that's posted here.

If this elicits another batch of ad hominems, so be it.
You were told I have been kicked by the admins several times and have had more post deleted than you have made and most were toward GRE/WHISTLER and I own them also they just do not work as good for me as my Unidens do.

janetball1994

You were told I have been kicked by the admins several times and have had more post deleted than you have made and most were toward GRE/WHISTLER and I own them also they just do not work as good for me as my Unidens do.

Edifying, budd, but all of this info is related to my question in some way?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I cannot speak for Whistler. Uniden only pays royalty in exchange for including the RRDB in certain models. We do not pay for any special "editorial" access and the only posts I've ever pointed out for deletion were gross, violations (vulgar images/language) and not for criticisms of Uniden. You should note that I actually replied to the post that you had made, even though it was inappropriate to that thread, before your original post was removed. I would not have done that had I been advocating for that post's removal.

In addition, we have from time to time offered discounts for product or upgrades to RRDB volunteer admins in recognition of their huge contribution to the scanner ecosphere, but the value of such discounts is certainly not enough to incentivize anyone to tilt inappropriately in our favor. Some who have taken advantage of such discounts continue to be vocal critics of our products. Which is fine. Without criticism I might get complacent.

If I am treated any nicer than others, I'd like to think it is because I generally behave nicely. (Do unto others...)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
In addition, we have from time to time offered discounts for product or upgrades to RRDB volunteer admins in recognition of their huge contribution to the scanner ecosphere, but the value of such discounts is certainly not enough to incentivize anyone to tilt inappropriately in our favor. Some who have taken advantage of such discounts continue to be vocal critics of our products. Which is fine. Without criticism I might get complacent.

And before anyone says anything, the above DOES NOT apply to moderators, which is what I am. :geek:

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
It's tough to prove a negative, isn't it, OP? Even if you were told explicitly by UPMan and LCB3 himself, would you actually believe them?

janetball1994

I cannot speak for Whistler. Uniden only pays royalty in exchange for including the RRDB in certain models. We do not pay for any special "editorial" access and the only posts I've ever pointed out for deletion were gross, violations (vulgar images/language) and not for criticisms of Uniden.

If I am treated any nicer than others, I'd like to think it is because I generally behave nicely. (Do unto others...)

Taken at face value, UPMan, and that's an answer. You might want to consider ending the goodie train completely, though -- "huge contribution" or not. Any 'incentive' is too much and muddies the waters.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No plans for that. The guys that make scanning possible deserve the perks. I would assume that my competitor(s) do exactly the same thing...I know they have the same opportunity to do so, so this isn't some kind of exclusive access. Just me being nice.

pb_lonny

And RR is much nicer easier to use and more updated than POLICE CALL books ever were. I just wish more folks would submit updates and not keep information to themselves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I much prefer posting my own information on my own site, for no reason other than I can post it in a format I like and arranged how it works best for me. I can also add extra information and update it as often as I like.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
And RR is much nicer easier to use and more updated than POLICE CALL books ever were. I just wish more folks would submit updates and not keep information to themselves.

100 % with you! Share what you have. Some "people" are against it around these parts. Sad.
Scan On. And share please.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I much prefer posting my own information on my own site, for no reason other than I can post it in a format I like and arranged how it works best for me. I can also add extra information and update it as often as I like.
And there is nothing wrong with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.