Follow The Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Taken at face value, UPMan, and that's an answer. You might want to consider ending the goodie train completely, though -- "huge contribution" or not. Any 'incentive' is too much and muddies the waters.
Hey Kevin I guess you're going to have to forget about that sds200 you were hoping to get. LOL. /s

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I much prefer posting my own information on my own site, for no reason other than I can post it in a format I like and arranged how it works best for me. I can also add extra information and update it as often as I like.
The only question I would have is if you have all of the information you need on your site then why do you come here?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Hey Kevin I guess you're going to have to forget about that sds200 you were hoping to get. LOL. /s

Like I posted, I'm a moderator, so the incentives mentioned don't apply to me.

I don't even get a free premium subscription.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Like I posted, I'm a moderator, so the incentives mentioned don't apply to me.

I don't even get a free premium subscription.
Yep, that's why I was sure to put the /s in there.;)

Kfred

In post #16, UPMan mentions "the guys that make scanning possible". He forgot to mention he is one of those guys. I know i am getting off topic. I, like many others here don't have the "latest and greatest" scanners. my scanners are older unidens, BC 780XLT, BC 700, BC,350, and others. They have been doing their job 24 hours a day 7 days a week for years. Impressive record in my opinion. I also own an ICOM R7000, motorola JT1000, kenwood TK730. My radio at work is an APX-1000. For low cost and being easy to operate and program I like the unidens.

pb_lonny

The only question I would have is if you have all of the information you need on your site then why do you come here?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well my site contains information on my local area which only really matters to people close to me. RR has a much wider range of information (mostly about equipment). Changes and developments in the US of A will happen here in the future so I like to keep up to date on what is happening in general.

D

DaveNF2G

I used to run my own site. After a few years, it got to be too much like work, so I decided to donate my data and all the rights thereto to what I considered to be the best host for the info. Now it's all in the RRDB. I don't always agree with their policies regarding the DB, but I still support the DB with premium membership and data submissions, and I refer people here first.

If I believed that there was anything unethical going on between Radio Reference and any scanner maker or anyone else, I would not be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.