Folly Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

holsen

I am frequently in the Charleston area and have the Folly Beach talkgroups programmed in my G4 under the Charleston Simulcast but yet to hear a peep. The database is still showing it non-encrypted. Have they actually gone encrypted or am I missing something else?

mrat1234

All law enforcement in Charleston county is encrypted except for state level law enforcement which will also most likely be encrypted within the next few years. Looking at Folly beach it appears fire and law enforcement share talkgroups and they are called public safety.
Folly Beach Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DECHEXMode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
190076cDFB OPSPublic Safety OpsLaw Dispatch
190176dDFB NITEPublic Safety NightFire-Tac
190276eDFB TLKTalkLaw Talk
190376fDFB ADMNAdminLaw Tac
I'm in the Columbia area so I cant really help. They could be doing 50/50 on their talkgroups where the law side is encrypted but fire in the clear and it's just no calls or they just fully encrypted everything. The only thing I can think of to check is which Charleston county simulcast your using. Their are 2. One for the county and one for the state. Make sure your using the county one for all county and cities in Charleston County. Maybe Brian or someone else can give you better help.

holsen

I am using the county simulcast; get Charleston County Fire/EMS fine and HP. I'm wondering if the database is lagging on Folly going encrypted? It should show DE instead of D if that is the case or even De if it is switched on and off.

mrat1234

If I were you I would make a scan list of just the Folly Beach talkgroups and see what you get.
190076cDFB OPSPublic Safety OpsLaw Dispatch
190176dDFB NITEPublic Safety NightFire-Tac
190276eDFB TLKTalkLaw Talk
190376fDFB ADMNAdminLaw Tac
If you dont get any traffic on them after a day or two i would make a submission that all Folly Beach talkgroups are fully secure DE.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All ChasCo LE us strapped E. That includes FBPD. FB FD is clear and in with rest of county fire/rescue. The only non state LE still clear is CoC PD, .MUSC PD

mrat1234

Someone should make a submission to show the Folly Bech talkgroups DE then

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
FWIW, I was in the Charleston area this weekend. I noted that indeed, as speculated, TG 1900 Folly Beach Public Safety is encrypted. I have updated the database to reflect this. There was a small amount of traffic on TG 1902 and none of it was encrypted. I noted a few affiliations but no voice traffic on 1903. I could not identify the nature of the traffic heard on 1902.

I also noted that Citadel Public Safety Channel 1 TG 1910 is also encrypted. That has also been noted in the database.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
1902 FB Talk should be Folly Beach Fire Private. That's all that I ever noted on it back before it was P25. FB PS Night was, and still is most likely FB Fire Ops. They sometimes even patched it to the USCG along with Chas Co Rescue, and Charleston FD for SAR ops when I lived there. FB Admin was a catch all for government, PD, FD etc... Not much ever changes there, except the tide. Maybe the price of Chili Dog's at Bert's. Front Beach Inn still the cheapest rooming house on the coast? yeah I lived at the FBI for a year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.