Folsom Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what is good to listen to in this city? I am going to be there for a week for work.

Thanks

kma371

QRT
Just wondering what is good to listen to in this city? I am going to be there for a week for work.

Thanks

That's way too general of a question. It would all depend on what you like to listen to. Your "good" may not be my "good" and vice versa.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Folsom

It also depends on what kind of scanner you have. For example, is it digital (P25)?

The PD and FD are on the Sacramento county trunked system. Program the analaog (MOT II) system as the P25 system is not yet fully used. There are a few parks in the area; Folsom Lake, Prarie City, etc. I also monitor western El Dorado county -- LE, Cal Fire, ED NF.

Just listening to the city of Folsom won't typically yield a lot of radio traffic. But when you add adjacent areas, it is non-stop.

allend

Premium Subscriber
It also depends on what kind of scanner you have. For example, is it digital (P25)?

The PD and FD are on the Sacramento county trunked system. Program the analaog (MOT II) system as the P25 system is not yet fully used. There are a few parks in the area; Folsom Lake, Prarie City, etc. I also monitor western El Dorado county -- LE, Cal Fire, ED NF.

Just listening to the city of Folsom won't typically yield a lot of radio traffic. But when you add adjacent areas, it is non-stop.

Thank You. This was a big help

allend

Premium Subscriber

I have been able to pickup all counties in a 365 degree's around Folsom. Folsom Lake is busy. El Dorado County comes in great on VHF. Cal Fire is sounding Great.

Sac Mot type II and P25 system comes in great. What is awesome up here is nobody uses any encryption. everything is in the clear which is re-freshing and the majority of all the cities and counties are still using VHF and no issues. Keep it simple.

Can't hear anything on Folsom State Prison. They have an old MOT Type I system which I think has been retired and the new Dept of Correction TRS is not picking anything up.

Any clews on Folsom Corrections? Drove to the prison and its huge. They even have a gift shop there

KG7PBS

I have been able to pickup all counties in a 365 degree's around Folsom. Folsom Lake is busy. El Dorado County comes in great on VHF. Cal Fire is sounding Great.

Sac Mot type II and P25 system comes in great. What is awesome up here is nobody uses any encryption. everything is in the clear which is re-freshing and the majority of all the cities and counties are still using VHF and no issues. Keep it simple.

Can't hear anything on Folsom State Prison. They have an old MOT Type I system which I think has been retired and the new Dept of Correction TRS is not picking anything up.

Any clews on Folsom Corrections? Drove to the prison and its huge. They even have a gift shop there

sorry but there is Encryption on the SRRCS-SZ & P2 System you just did not hear them.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yes you are right I saw these talkgroups pop up with no audio and it said enc on it.

Not understanding what your response was geared about?

KG7PBS

you made it out to be Sac was all happy and no ENC, so i wanted to point out there is ENC and more to Come if some of the City's get there way.

Status
Not open for further replies.